Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Merry Christmas!!




MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

This December has passed quickly for me. 
I didn't join in lots of activities but the few I did were satisfying. 





Five of us ladies from Creekside enjoyed an evening walking around and viewing the lights at a site called 
"The Grotto" in Portland...one of the few no rain nights...

I sent out 22 grandkid Christmas cards
and several to adult children and friends

Our park provided ham and rolls for a festive pot luck dinner
I was privileged to play carols before and for a sing along after the meal!

Micaela met me for lunch one day

And joined me for a living Nativity service at church, including Curly the camel


Little goat kisses...
or maybe he wanted to eat my coat.




Jake and Mic brought in, set up and helped trim the tree with me!
(The only decorating I did this year.)

There was time to make peanut butter kiss cookies and homemade caramel corn. Yum!

I enjoyed a Christmas Eve sleep over and  Day with the Miller family!



"Well, that got my goat!"


REFLECTIONS
This is a busy activity time of year, getting ready for Christmas.  But it was good to pick only a few to engage in for me.  This season has been relaxed; I don't feel overwhelmed. (This might be an excuse for giving into lazy mode.) I know this isn't possible when preparing with children, but a perk for senior status! Yet, festivities really aren't over for me.  I still have our "Gram G Christmas" on Sunday, New Year's Day, to prepare for!  Need to nix the lazy for the next five days.  

This has been a good two GeoGram weeks in the life of Gram G!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!
HAPPY, BLESSED 2023 NEW YEAR!!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. 
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, 
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment