Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Grandma G has an Excuse// Post Views 8953

        I spent Monday afternoon at the endodontist office. I finally gave up on trying to save my upper back right molar. Though there was discussion with the dentist about options, we decided that to have it extracted was the best decision. 
     I admit I was quite apprehensive.  The "freezing" took the longest time--about 20 minutes to set in.  The actual extraction was took about 10 minutes--or that's how it seemed.  The procedure was not as traumatic as I was fearful it would be.  Also turns out the tooth was quite decayed under the crown.  Extraction was the right decision.  
          Since I knew this was going to happen I spent Sunday afternoon making chicken dumpling soup and doing the laundry.
(Sunday morning I shared a Bible message on giving thanks at my church service.  I was concerned it would be boring, but several people said it was meaningful to them.)
The evening Deb invited me over for tacos with their family.  
          Monday morning after sleeping in a bit I cleaned the bathroom so I would have a sterile environment to care post extraction.  
           So...Monday evening and today was a Lord of the Rings marathon, Tylenol, soft foods, tea and lots of water, and sitting around enjoying my electric fireplace.....  
           Hopefully tomorrow will be more "as normal".     

What Grandma G wants for Christmas.....
What....is it?   NOT chocolate...





        This has been a good 3 "molar extraction" days in the life of Grandma G.

        "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."  (Psalms 9:10)

         

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment