Friday, August 2, 2013

Grandma G, where art thou.....again....

      I am here!   Just having a lazy week.  I think I am an adrenalin junkie---senior lady  style.  Staying home stifles my energy flow.  It is time to deal with reality and get the work, chores, doctor appointments, exercise routines, cooking, car repairs, piano practice (and enjoyment), paperwork all back into order.  Did I say "car repairs"?  Really?  Yes, really.  This last "fix it" of a fuel/air mixture sensor HAS to be the magic cure all.  I think this car over the past 9 years has been bought  2 times over. Even the kind fellow at the repair shop said to me today, "You can just stop to visit us sometime with cookies or something rather than having a car problem".
     I don't remember fully what has gone on these past 4 days, but there was still plenty of activities. 
Tuesday I got back to water aerobics for the first time in a month.  I was pleased that ladies said they missed me. (One lady said she's been trying to contact me. She and 2 others are going to the Oregon coast for a few days soon and I am invited.  BUMMER.  Not that they are going, but that I will be in San Diego those days.  Well.... someone has to be an adrenalin junkie senior lady style.)   Later in the day Angie came over and we went to dinner at the local Applebee's. We hadn't visited for the past month also.   
       Yesterday when I took the car in for an oil change, Carole picked me up from the car repair.  We spent a few hours together, starting with lunch at a Thai restaurant.  We had spring rolls and I was served such a large portion of rice noodles that I will have 4 meals from it.



 
 
 
 
 

      Next door was a well kept second hand store.  I fell for a unique, black rocking chair.  I have a lot of black accents in my living room; it should fit right in.  I hesitated to spend the money for it, but all the proceeds go to a charity that cares for the homeless here in Vancouver.  It won't find its way here to my house until Monday, when I will be back in that area. 


    Keep on checking in on Grandma G.  There are plenty of adventures yet to come. 

    With the start of August I thought it would be interesting to do a daily flashback to a year ago when I was preparing for my move here to Vancouver. 






_________________________________________________

August 1 & 2, 2012:
 I was getting ready for a garage sale.
Louie and I had a day trip to the Lake Superior area. 
He came over to haul away things for the thrift shop.
On the way up I sold several boxes of misc. from my
music store to a pawn shop....was paid pennies for what
it was really worth.


  The sandstone rock that I picked up on the beach along Lake Superior.  I had it set into a necklace.


Bay of Lake Superior
One of my favorite places---
In the summertime

Beautiful Bayfield, Wisconsin

You all come back now, you hear?
In the summer time, you hear?
 
      This has been a good 4 semi-lazy days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth." 
(Proverbs 10:4)
 
 
       
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment