Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday, the Way I Like It.......





      It's NOT loafing around, like you might think.  Think, ACTIVE, senior style.  I went for a walk with my church friend, Kahana--2&1/2 miles/ 1&1/2 hours.  Vancouver has a system of walking trails, wet lands and "green spaces"  throughout the city.  We started the Burnt Bridge Creek walking trail.  We did about 1/5-1/4 of it.  The morning was cool in the 60's and cloudy.  By the time we finished the sun was making it quite warm.

      I did get a surprise right after I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car.  I went to greet Kahana and saw at a distance a dog similar to one I know.  Then the lady exclaimed, "Hey, I know you".
It was Carole, my "fellow" mother-in-law.  She was just finishing a walk with Nemo (a dog, not a fish).  I had never been there before so it was quite well timed for them to show up. 

Kahana and Grandma G





























We finished our visit with a "box" lunch at a teriyaki chicken café.  Very yummy!
 

       When I arrived home I SO wanted to nap, but didn't.  The afternoon passed as I made potato salad for a church pot luck tomorrow, did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and floor, played piano a bit, and telling myself this is great fun.  Not as much fun as it was in years past. Now  I am SO looking forward to going to bed soon.
_______________________________________________
  August 3, 2012 Flashback: Moving Prep Days
Not much happening/just sorting out and packing boxes
There was a foot race and motor cycle rally in the area outside my house for Flambeau Rama weekend--the big annual town celebration.


















  















      This has been a good active Saturday in the life of Grandma G.

       "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward."  (Colossians 3:23&24)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment