Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer is Slipping Away.....


Early morning lights,
Vancouver, WA







        I woke up Friday morning with the realization that most of my summer adventures have been accomplished.  I did go to bed early Thursday after the long senior travel day.  I think I slept 10 hours.  I had an 11 o'clock appointment to have my car checked to determine why the "check engine soon" light was on AGAIN. (It started August 20, 2012 somewhere in Glacier National Park.  We drove through the Canadian Rockies that way, though we didn't tell my sister Kate that or she would have walked through the Canadian Rockies.)
      Anyway, by the time I casually passed the morning hours, it was 11 before I left the house.  I wasn't concerned since in the past the fellows at the shop were always casual themselves and gave the impression that a little late wasn't a problem.  Not so that day.  There was a new fellow at the desk.  No time to look at it today.  Made a new appointment for Monday at 11AM. 
      Now leaving the shop was a problem.  A work crew was busy blocking off street lanes for black topping and funneling everyone to one lane for several blocks.  The fellow at the shop had told me how to get out the easiest, only he didn't know that I still don't know my way around completely.  I ended up going in such a way that I had to drive several blocks out of my way just to find out I had to double back and end up where I started.  I could feel the tension building.  I finally found my way to a familiar street and decided to go on to the grocery store another several blocks away.  All was well again.  Well, sort of.  After getting out of the car in the parking lot I discovered my purse was missing.  I couldn't even call anywhere since my phone--my whole life--was in that purse.  There was only one place it could be---the car repair shop---in the very messed up travel area.  Fortunately I now knew a short cut. Whoops,  they closed off more streets.   Fortunately, again, my purse was there waiting for me.  Now what? Go home? Go back to the grocery? I'd been craving a rotisserie chicken all day.  Back to the grocery I went, purse safely in the car with me. 
       With summer travel out of the way it was time to restock my refrigerator and pantry.  I did find a bit of  "used to be" back home.  And a yummy rotisserie chicken.

    Cheese from Green Bay, Wisconsin
(I notice the "Western Select" print)
 
       Once back at my Vancouver home there were several plastic bags to carry in and items to put away.  I figured it was a great time to clean out my very messy pantry so I can know what I have or don't have.  (It was mostly stuffed with plastic bags from the past 12 months.)  So that, interrupted by a double episode of Star Trek and followed by washing dishes and blogging comprised the rest of that day.   
_____________________________________________________

Mt. Rainier
       Early to bed one night means late to bed the next night---or early like 1AM.  Then up at 8 for water aerobics.  It has many weeks since I participated, but it is time to get back into that routine.  It was good I went because I found out Red Hats is on Monday rather than Thursday.  Yay!!  One more summer adventure to the dahlia festival in a nearby town.  And I don't have to drive.  It is good to know the ladies enough to inquire how each is doing, to feel like we are becoming friends concerned for each other.  They also asked how I am and how my travels have gone.  Nice. 

       It is a good feeling to have had a satisfying summer.  I am ready to settle into a work routine--once I find work.  (SIGH/SMILE)  I feel like I am a full citizen of Vancouver, WA.  Now to become a USEFUL citizen, with some money coming in.  (Sigh/Smile)  

      Time to get back to the piano, relearn my songs, make them rewarding for me.      

_____________________________________________________

FLASHBACK:
THE 3 SENIOR SISTERS
GREAT CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP
AUGUST 23 AND 24, 2012
 



                                RAINY DAY IN BANFF, CANADA




TRYING ON SUVENIER
CLOTHING



















TRYING OUT OUTDOOR, ROOFTOP SWIMMING





THREE SISTERS/ MOUNTAIN RANGE AND SISTERS


 
 
 
 
HERE'S TO BANFF AND GOOD FRIENDS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




GRASS BRIDGE FOR THE ANIMALS
TO CROSS OVER THE TRAFFIC

                    
TRUCK STOP SOMEWHERE ENROUTE.....

       This has been a good 2 "getting back in the groove"  days in the life of Grandma G. 

        "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared."  (Exodus 23:20)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment