Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Trilogy Time....

        Grandma G ended up a bit sick starting Sunday morning--stomach pains and feeling "icky".   I went to church service and enjoyed (sort of, with a stomach ache) a potluck lunch there, but then wilted the rest of the day and into Monday.  I thought maybe the walk the day before was too much for me or maybe got low on potassium (something I have to regulate).  I don't like being sick---too boring. 
         By late afternoon I decided it was a good time to watch the Lord of the Rings movies.  Since there are 3 of them and all quite lengthy, they would occupy my attention for 9-10 hours.  The first one satisfied for Sunday evening.  The last 2 occupied Monday afternoon and evening.  It is a great trilogy with intriguing story, epic battles, strong characters and magnificent scenery.  Recommended by Grandma G.
        I was somewhat gratified Monday when I found out that Deb, my daughter, had also been sick the past 4 days.  Not that I was glad she was sick, but it gave agreement that I must have had a virus. 
        Monday was not a stay at home sick day.  NO.  I had an appointment with the periodontist a half hour drive from here.  The follow up check from a deep cleaning went well other than an x-ray revealed the need for me to visit a "root canal" doctor, "endodontics".    I remember the days one simply went to the dentist and that was that.  Anyway that will be in 3 weeks.  Check back then to see what happens. 
        On the way home, I found my way to the second hand store to pick up my new antique small black rocking chair.
Presently it is resting in the back seat of my car until I can find someone stronger than me to carry it in for me.  Such is Grandma G's life.
(Tuesday: I just asked the neighbor fellow to carry it in for me.  He also instructed me on keeping a fast growing weed cleaned out of my yard.  I was considering it a ground cover.  Guess that doesn't go well around here.)






_______________________________________________________

                            HAPPY 10TH B-DAY, RYAN!!  AUGUST 5


I just finished a visit with Ryan a few weeks ago.  He is the fellow who drew the black and white design dog that I like.











 

 Eddy, Austin, Jake and Ryan in southern Wisconsin woods.










____________________

FLASHBACK/ AUGUST 5 & 6, 2012
 
     On August 5th and 6th I visited the city hall of Park Falls to look for souvenirs to take with me when I moved.  That day I also noticed that the maple trees were starting to show signs of autumn. YIKES.   That is why my goal was to cross the Rocky Mountains before any danger of snow setting in.

 The Paper Mill, the main industry of Park Falls.
I walked and drove across the far bridge hundreds of times during the 55 years I lived there. 


Nice cups with print on both sides for righties and lefties.





     
With the schedule to move on the 13th I was still busy collecting boxes from the local grocery store, where  I met up with a couple friends asking donations for the Salvation Army.
 




      

 This has been 3 good "trilogy time/Ryan's B-day/reminiscent days" in the life of Grandma G.

      "He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge." 
(Proverbs 14:26)








No comments:

Post a Comment