Saturday, August 10, 2013

Real Life.......

     Guess the idealistic PNW "great place to live" honeymoon is over. One trip past the south side of my house took care of that. 
     I was a good lady yesterday and pulled up 2 garbage bags of "ground cover" weeds, only to uncover  multi-colonies of tiny "body snatcher".  By late afternoon they had invaded almost the entire side of my house, including the front door.  It was probably good that they did that because it forced me to look over everything, which encompassed the top peak of the porch roof.  WHOPS.  There's a small hive up there.  A closer look revealed several hornets hard at work building a snug home for themselves.  Word must have gotten around that Grandma G is a wimp and she won't do anything to eliminate varmints.  But they don't know that Grandma G has her ruthless side.  A few swipes of a broom stick got rid of the nest.  Unfortunately, a rebuilding crew was back on the job an hour later. 
      




 I mustered up my courage and made a run to the local retailer.  Loaded up on supplies, I did.  I am now ready to take on them there varmints, including the weed cover--tomorrow.  (It's raining this evening.)

Also gonna try to clean up the red rocks the comprise my front yard.  Bought a lightweight, electric blower.  Hope that works as a great broom for my front "lawn".  (I am planning to landscape next summer, which includes hopes for a patch of grass in the back, north yard. I think, "north" yard.  Haven't gotten my directions figured out yet.)























I did do a little something to beautify the environment.   I made a trip to the hair salon.  

 Yesterday......





                         Today......




  This was a good Saturday, starting out with water aerobics. I also had an enjoyable lunch out with my four Vancouver girls--Debbie, Angie, Micki and Carole.
(And yesterday?   I worked on filing my taxes for 2012.  REALLY? Yes, really.  Also went for half hour walk. AND. Watched Men in Black, Three. Really.  I've been wanting to see it.  Very absurd movie, but fun to watch.)

________________________________________________________
 AUGUST 10, 2012 FLASHBACK    PACKING DAY

     My sister, Katie and Betsy, arrived from Indianapolis in the early morning hours.  Katie mistakenly thought I would have everything packed, ready to go and we would party all weekend.  NOT.   They were kind to help me finish up the 60% that was left to do. 





My 52+ cups collection




           Sons, Burt and Al, Grandma G and Lou


Grandma G's belongings heading west--just like Lewis and Clark and Sacajawea.
 
 
 
 
After dark we sat around the campfire at Burt's cabin and watched the Perseid meteorite shower.  We each saw at least one good fire streak fly across the sky. 
It is noteworthy that the same show is happening right now in the eastern skies as I am writing this.  When I finish this entry I will watch the "show" live on NASA'S website.  (You can watch it Sunday night,)
 Observe the jackets we are wearing. 
 
 
     This has been a good 2 "real life" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  (Philippians 4:13)
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment