Saturday, May 31, 2014

GIG PREP......Post Views......11,478

     
 Thursday, it was off to the local "big" music store to buy equipment to make my first gig possible.   I had considered different scenarios to bring about the moment, but wasn't sure how to make them a reality.  I need something that Grandma G can handle on her own for when there is no "roadie" available.   
    Return trip from the music store.....
Ready for any gig.....Now to get it all into the house....and anywhere a gig might take me.....




Friday was set up equipment day....


        What is this thing????
     A folding keyboard stand....
    I can't figure how to unfold it 

   and set it up...found the good solid one from the Midwest....

Trying out the workable scenario...

 speaker to go with my "sound system".


Most of the day was occupied with last minute details of the songs I am going to play and sing. 
Took some time in the afternoon to get my hair and nails "cleaned up".  

Saturday was another "last minute prep" day.  Realized a song accompaniment that I planned to use was unavailable because it was on the clavinova and no way for me to run it off.  Maybe Grandma G should have thought about that a few weeks ago.  I have heard that necessity is the mother of invention.  Well, this isn't an invention but I think it will suit my needs.  I took a video of the accompaniment.  YEP.  A Video.   See, the nice clerk at the music store threw in (sold me) a "Stereo Interconnect 3.5 mm TRS to Same" cable.  He sure did.   What that means is that I can play music from my iphone into the sound system.  There.  I told you it will suit my needs.   What?  What I hope is that I can play the accompaniment from my phone.  WOO!  HOOT!   Come back soon to find out how that went.....

"Roadie" Zachman, helping me transport and set up for Sunday's gig at the park club house.   


     






     
      I am 95% ready for tomorrow.  Guess that is pretty good.  

     What I have been asking myself the past few days is......"Why am I doing this?"  It is so much work.  What if I'm really not any good?   I feel rather foolish being a one woman composer, musician, producer, director, advertiser, performer and set up person.  I guess its the same answer to "Why did the chicken cross the road?"   Whoa, wait a minute....wrong lesson.   "Why do people climb a mountain?"   Because it is there.   And the human spirit strains toward a challenge and victory.   
    I want the opportunity to share a creative gift that God has given me with others.  
 And a musician just has to express music.   

     This has been a good 3 "last minute prep" days in the life of Grandma G. 

     "My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.  I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples."  (Psalms 57:7 & 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment