Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14....A Very Active Day.....Post Views..11, 266




   It was quite active 48 years ago as well.......today would have been Louie and my 48 year anniversary.  I am alright with this day.  Lou and Al were out to visit 3 days, which included 4 days since their return flight was delayed and rescheduled for the next day.  
    I started the day with a 50 minute walk at 9AM.  Our present temperatures rise to almost 90 by mid afternoon.  
   Then it was off to "ladies lunch out".....to Rib City Grill....
 Yummy, tender 1/2 rack of ribs
 
  Trying to ride the pig.....couldn't get my leg up and around the saddle.  

      Then it was home again, jiggity-jig.   To hear about the wild fires northeast of San Diego....specifically Carlsbad where son Gerry and 2 grandkids live.  I called Gerry.  He had just returned  home from getting the kids from school which had evacuated.  
They were fine, but he was leaving to take the kids somewhere for the afternoon since the smoke was quite heavy in the area.  
As I am blogging this in the evening, I think they are alright and threat of fire reaching them is quite low.
      I followed that call with a hello "anniversary" call to Louie.  We chatted for awhile; he was still tired from his trip out here and from the hassle of delayed travel.
      It was time to settle in to practice piano for my upcoming program on June 1.  I was happily playing away when it seemed like the room was very warm.  Upon checking the thermostat I observed it was set on 99 degrees before the air conditioner would kick in.   What the ding dong was that all about?  After tapping it several times I realized it was NOT going to change it's mind about anything.  I called the local "air doctor" who replaced the motor earlier in the year.  No answer.  Then it dawned on me......I have a son who is a furnace man...and he was just out here.  AND he has a phone with a speaker button.  I can call him for help.  Call I did.  No answer.  So I ........texted.    No reply.   Eventually, yes.  We discussed and sent pictures through the iphone.  Concluded we hoped it simply needed new batteries.  Off to the closest store for AAA batteries.  Replaced the batteries.  No response from the thermostat.  Took off the furnace door.  Al didn't see what he hoped to see.  Soon received a text.....8PM his time, 6PM mine.  Best to let the local furnace man look at it in the morning. (I think the remote furnace man had his fill for the day and wanted to settle in with his backyard campfire.)  So.... my little house is a bit warm, but not too bad and will cool down overnight.  Furnace doc will be here in the morning.  
     FINALLY, I was glancing through Face Book when I observed my brother, John, posted a picture from his sister's "semi-daily" blog.  WHAT?  At least he didn't designate it her "whenever she felt like it" blog.   It is time to revisit "a DAY in the life of Grandma G"

                 Perfect full moon, 70 degrees evening May 13, 
                             Picture taken from my porch

 This has been a good "very active" day in the life of Grandma G.

      "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."  (Proverbs 27:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment