Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Razor clams....Post Views.....11,347

          WHAT is that?........Following the clues......
                                                                                                                                                           mysterious "crop" circle?


hint of a razor clam















Fearless clam hunters.....diggers











       freshly caught razor clam.....

      A new experience for this former Midwesterner......
Last Friday I had a senior trip to Seaside, an Oregon coast tourist town.  The wind was cold, so while most of
my fellow travelers opted for the shops I went walking on the beach.  
"The end of the Lewis and Clark Trail....


While walking along I started noticing little mounds of dirt here and there, then round marks in the sand.  I followed them quite far up the beach, then saw 3 men and a dog....the dog made me halt for a moment....but fearless Grandma G was caught up in following clues of strange things.....I went right up to one of the fellows and asked what they were doing.  I did.....He said they were digging for razor clams.   After a few questions I found out that the state of Oregon has seasons when conditions are just right to allow folks to get a license and dig 6 (I think) clams.  Little holes in the sand give clue to where they are.....unless the diggers aren't fast enough and the clam scoots off  to parts unknown.  I am not a clam eater so them there razor clams are safe around me to scoot off and reproduce little baby razor clams...for the diggers to dig some coming year.  


Kids on a school outing
Happy selfie.....


almost a complete sand dollar....                          school kid art....
the gulls pick out the critter inside...


                                             Seaside "stuff"....




     This was a good Seaside, Oregon day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Joseph stored up huge quantities of grain, like the sand of the sea;  it was so much that he stopped keeping records because it was beyond measure."  (Genesis 41:49)

No comments:

Post a Comment