Friday, May 23, 2014

Where are the Meteorites? Post Views...11,381



     I stayed up until midnight Friday to watch the spectacular meteorite "storm".  At 11:30 the sky looked hopeful with patches of clear between patches of clouds.  By midnight the sky had become a milky film.  Probably won't be seeing the meteorite show of the year, but will try once more before going to bed.   
   If folks can have Throwback Thursday, I can have Flashback Friday.....
   Even if recent flashback....Last Saturday Carole and I had an outing to SHORTY's... a plant nursery near by.  We each had been given a $25 gift card from there for Mother's Day.  Now it was time to cash in.  Walking through their spacious property was an adventure in wonderland.      





























I want to plant a monkeytail tree--some people call them "monkey-puzzle" tree.  

These baby monkeytail trees were too small to leave their mother.....the full grown one on the right is actually the same green as the baby ones and the needles, kind of triangle spiky...just can't see it on the picture...
     I did find a just right size holly tree.....paid for it with my gift card.....
 red holly berries in the fall..... 




Beautiful anthurium......had to bring it home






_________________________________________
     When's the last time YOU were kissed by a llama? 














I was last Sunday.....this is Rojo, a therapy llama, from a llama farm nearby.  I sense the making of a fun outing to Mountain Peaks Llama Farm....



A lady friend and I went to the Senior Expo in downtown Vancouver last Sunday afternoon.  My very first one ever.  It was fun but after an hour I began to question if I was old enough to be there.  I didn't win any drawings, but did come home with pens to last the next 12 month. 

This is what Grandma G wants for Christmas.....the piano? the man?  both?  I did play one song on the piano.  Great fun....

______________________________________ 
     Thursday was an evening away with the Millers for Jake's Lacrosse game in Aloha, Oregon.  I thought Deb's phone made a wrong spell check when she texted "Aloha".  There really is Aloha, OR.    










I am just starting to get familiar with the game, Lacrosse.  


Beautiful tree!! Observe the car under it.



Hey, Micki, give us a smile!!!!







     This post has gone from Friday night backwards to the Sat and Sunday the week before and then back to Thursday. Sometimes my life just rotates that way. In between on Tuesday was a "new patient" visit to a local ophthalmologist and on Wednesday, first time to take Ted to get fixed...or serviced...or maintained...however one says it.  He is doing quite well for 107,000 miles.  Needs some rust removal and interior cleaning and new rotors.     


   
                                               This is Ted....




 This has been a good "backwards week" day in the life of Grandma G.   

     "I [Jesus] have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  (John 10:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment