Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Heard It, I Did......Post Views 11,444

      I heard it!   I really did!!  The first time since moving out here almost 2 years ago!  THUNDER and more THUNDER.   It has probably thundered before, but I didn't hear it.  A number of storms with heavy rain and some wind have passed through all day, but this is a first for me...didn't see any lightening, though.  That's OK.



 Beautiful Roses.....

They are in MY yard...
Zach planted them for me last summer....


     3 DAYS UNTIL SHOW TIME!!
       I am busy this week tending to last minute preparation for my first full length piano program of my original music.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  There is fine tuning (pun?) to be done on some of the selections.  I'm not quite sure what I am going to use for a keyboard.  I'm guessing that is a major issue.  There is a piano in the club house.  The managers just had it tuned.  However it is not well placed and really not the quality to make me sound grand.  Need a grand piano for that.  (Bad joke)  I have a small digital piano here at home.  I will probably use that.  Now to find a couple men to move it for me.  It's still a bit awkward, being a single senior lady.  
     I also need to find a speaker for the microphone I already have.  Need to make a run to a music store tomorrow and see what I can find.  
     Other than finding a cord to fit my camcorder (so I can charge the battery) and buying a tripod. And figuring out how to fix my printer that isn't printing from the computer.  And deciding on what to wear.  And getting my hair colored and nails done.  And figuring something for intermission snack. And going to the store to buy that snack.   And folks to help me move tables and set up. And rehearsing verbal descriptions to introduce 12 songs.  And a bit more practice.  I am all set!   I am..... And maybe finding a nice long furry monkey tail...

 This has been a good 3 "getting ready for program" days in the life of Grandma G.  
    "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."  (Proverbs 16:3)
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment