Sunday, June 7, 2015

Rainy Transition......Post Views....18,501

   My Midwest tour is quickly coming to a close as I visit in Park Falls for 5 days.
   However, the start of my week was not pleasant.  Knowing I was getting up Sunday morning to drive 300 miles north in the midst of heavy rain and Interstate traffic, I did not sleep well Saturday night.  I awoke at 5:50 after 5 hours of sleep and could not get back to sleep.  Using up energy laying there and anticipating the drive ahead I got up at 7 to prepare to leave.....which I did at 7:40. Part of the plan was to get out of Milwaukee before heavy traffic began and maybe beat the coming storm.  (I could have if I had gotten up and going at 6.) The rain was just starting as I said goodbye to Chuck and got in the car. 
    The day was still early enough that traffic was light.  But I have an irrational phobia of Interstate driving, on and off ramps, changing lanes and large trucks. The adrenalin level was running high with the heavy rain that fell the first 2 hours. Finally, on Hwy 10 going west there was a sun break with blue sky...for about 45 minutes until the rain set back in.   


 


   And finally the storm system gave way to promising blue sky and white clouds...along the single lane northern Wisconsin highway.

(Along this stretch, there was a moment of panic as it seemed a speeding oncoming white truck raced between me and the other oncoming cars.  Whoa....)  more adrenalin rush....
         I arrived in Park Falls at 1PM exhausted and very glad the drive was done...
After lunch with Burt and the boys and a visit to Lou I wearily and  appreciatively gave into a 2 hour nap at my sister-in-law's home.  Yeah!

    This has been a good "rainy transition" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Cast all your anxiety upon Him [Jesus] for He cares for you."
(1 Peter 5:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment