Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Decompressing.....View Posts...23, 365

   
   I am home again.....back from a quite nice Midwest spring day to ......RAIN.  But that is OK because today they are in the throes of a winter snow storm.   

(If you don't get the cartoon then you don't know what Midwest winters and springtime are all about.) 


     Monday, after getting packed for a trip back to Wausau, I had lunch with 3 dear friends.  We chatted about many things while determining who was the youngest. (Not me.) 
     Son, Al, drove me part way to meet son, Burt.  Having picked a spot to rendezvous Al and I passed him up.  Al said the driver was too tall and thin to be Burt.  
     That evening I was treated to a high school choir concert in which grandson, Devin, sang a lengthy solo for a lively song.  
He is also the lead singer and guitarist for the Christian youth band,
             "Without Excuse".


     The flight on Tuesday went smoothly, quickly and comfortably, having an aisle seat.  Watching the film, Star Wars:the Force Awakens, with a few interruptions, passed the 3 and half hours. (Though I could not figure out the relationships of the characters.  Need to see it again on the big screen.) Shortly before we landed the attendant announced there was a special guest on the plane.  A lady who was celebrating her 100th B-day was traveling to Portland. 
__________________________________

    Today for me is a mixture of descriptive words.  Jet Lag.  Time Warp.  Decompression.  Refocus.  Processing.  Evaluating.  Resting. Unwinding. Overwhelmed.
    There was so much going on in several layers while "up north" that I have not had time to settle my mind and emotions.  It takes a few days to get back into "Couve-groove" from any trip. This one was more intense than most.  So some comfort food, Star Trek and Waltons episodes, checking schedules of summer activities, a brief walk around the park, picking up a week's worth of mail (mostly recycling), some stretching exercises and
mindlessly surfing the web has helped "decompress" some of the stress.  Though, only more time will fully allow everything to settle in. 

         My favorite "English yard" house in the park....







 SURPRISE!!!
Flat Mimi (my granddaughter) came to visit a couple weeks ago via US postal service.  She is visiting VC and Gram G for awhile for a class project.  She and I will hang out for a few weeks and then she will travel back with            
pictures and adventures to share with her class in Wauwatosa, WI. 


Enjoying homemade chicken soup with Gram G




Ready for her first adventure....

Attending an Irish choir concert in downtown Vancouver


This has been a good 3 "decompression" days in the life of Grandma G.

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee,when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Psalms 61:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment