Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Gardens Galore and More.....Post Views...25,351



How about coming home to a daisy forest taller than you are??
 Right in your own side yard?  Those are 5 foot arborvitaes mixed in with them....

What died in the daisies??
There is an unpleasant smell as I sit next to the daisies.  Been wondering why.  
Today I found out that, unfortunately, daisies give off a stinky odor.
Who would have thought or smelled that??  







Then having a wee peek at the flowering Irish moss from inside the Hobbit garden?

Gram G has been home now for 14 days.  I am still in transition back to routine....though no actual routine has been established these past 4 years...minus one month and 2 weeks.
       Since I woke up Thurs morning, July 30, life has been a roller coaster of activity.  First obtaining 6 weeks of mail from, not my neighborhood post office, but one further away.  They were nice and gave me a PO basket to carry my tons of paperwork home.  Once home I sorted it out in piles on the living room floor, mainly searching for my hoped for new debit card...oops, not there. (This very day,7/12, half the mail is STILL in piles on the living room floor. Really.) 

Bonus:  The PO location presented me a beautiful view of Mt. Hood on a clear, sunny afternoon.....

On Friday I went to my bank to inquire about "no debit card". (Mine had been frauded recently.) I forgot they told me on the phone a few weeks back that I needed to stop in and sign for a new one.  Darn.  Sign I did.  Wait I did.  Yesterday in the mail I received a new debit card. Now to activate it, figure out what bills have not been paid, and how not to be frauded again.  
     Aw....the weekend.  Time to relax... start the laundry, figure out a grocery list, look over the yard, finish unpacking..maybe, think about and start preparing for a soon upcoming event, think about another soon event, get to church service early on Sunday to sing with the worship team, get reacquainted with church friends, spend the afternoon shopping and looking over garden fixings, then join in a family July 3rd cookout.  Finally home to bed, sleeping in and enjoying alone time while the rest of the country celebrates the 4th.    


Vancouver allows its citizens to light off fireworks the night of the 4th.  There are none allowed in this park, so we are like the eye of the hurricane as the booms and lights surround us hour after hour after hour after hour.....

Gram G has a new tea garden!!




 Patches of New Zealand brass buttons that will fill in to make a non-mowing green carpet.



A backwards look to April.....NZ buttons to plant...Jake spreading out the dirt that "wintered" in my back yard.....Carole faithfully watered and pampered "my babies" all the while I was gone.  Thank you, Carole!  They will miss you....













Gram G and Kahana enjoying the first tea lunch in her tea garden...Wed, July 13....

Kahana gifted the girl planter and boy fountain to me.  Thank you!!



Harvesting the second crop of raspberries....
Carole harvested and ate the first crop of 4 or 5 while I was gone.  



    A crop of obnoxious "ground cover" weeds that I need to spray before they cover more.... 


My Hoosier gnomes got some 
new PNW clothes while I was gone.
A friendly neighbor painted them.




Have a walk through Hobbit Town.....
(Where hobbits are dressed like gnomes..)





































Watch out little hobbits.....
Live giant bunny is checking you out!
Then he climbed into the shrubs and took a nap!!



_______________________________________





SO.....
Now what is Gram G up to??
You'll have to check back as summer progresses to find out.....



More exciting news...
Grandma G has lit up the world map!!   There are various shades of green totally covering this chart!  Posts have been clicked on from at least 100 countries!!  Yeah!!  A number of years ago a fellow was remarking on all the pictures I was taking and he asked, "Who's going to look at all those pictures?"  Today I could answer, "The whole world!"



     This has actually been a difficult post to initiate and to finish.  I don't have the gusto I used to have.  My brain and body tire out.   I've been trying to get too many tasks done before my next big happening which is going to starting happening late Thursday evening.  I'm very excited for it.  Check back next week to find out all about it!!

This has been a good 7 "gardens galore and more" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground-- trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food." 
 (Genesis 2: 8 & 9)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment