Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Totally Topsy-Turvey..... Post Views...32,319.

  

 ..Today, Friday, June 9..  

      ...Was one of those rare days, fortunately, that happen rarely.

I was up at 8AM (well, 8:30) anticipating a carpenter coming at 9 to build shelves in the studio closet. While waiting for him I drank a couple cups of tea, browsed quickly through Face Book, set the lawn sprinkler to water the new lawn for 10 minutes, cleaned a path through clutter for the carpenter to go
back and forth, and mentally scanned the activities planned for the day.  So far, all is on schedule. 
       Since I was still waiting at 9:00 I started focusing on misc. plans for upcoming events.  I checked out the ferry schedule leaving Anacortes (just in case 3 ladies want to take a ride soon), looked up coupons for Joanne fabrics (just in case I wanted to buy 35 T-shirts on sale), re-scanned through a Safeway grocery ad (just in case I wanted to get in on Friday deals after going to physical therapy for the first time in 3 weeks) and worked a bit on the past San Diego blob post (make that "blog" post ( in case I would get it posted by evening).
       At 9:09 a text came in.  I figured the carpenter was apologizing for coming later.  It was Debbie, "Was I coming to Micaela's graduation tomorrow?"  Yikes!  I texted back that I was thinking of texting her to find out when Mick graduates...I hadn't heard anything.  Somehow I had missed receiving an announcement. After some texting back and forth arrangements were made for me to not miss the important, main event of Saturday.
      That all settled I returned to the misc. plans for upcoming events.  (I really didn't get all the above done before Deb texted.)
      The carpenter arrived at 10 and apologized for his already delayed day.  I said all way fine, but that I needed to leave at 12:20 for a 12:45 appointment.  He went about his professional work, using his laser level and by noon I had a wonderful, already painted set of new double shelves ready to receive storage boxes.  Yeah!

   About noon I called my dentist office to see if I could get a prescription refilled to combat an achy right jaw and to see when I could soon get the upper right eye tooth filled. I wanted to see if the pain was coming from there and not a questionable molar.  They could get me in at 3.
    At 12:35 I scurried out the door and arrived at the physical therapy office at 12:50.  I apologized for being late once again.  No problem said the office lady.  You are early but we can fit you in now.  ????  I said my appointment was at 12:45.  No, it is at 2:15. 2:15?  Seems I rescheduled last Friday but still had 12:45 on my mind.  Well, I need to be at the dentist at 3 so need to be done by 2:30.  No problem, we'll have you in and out.  So, at 1:30 they take me in and indeed had me done by 2:30.  
    Off to the dentist about a 20 minute drive and arrive there at 3PM, get checked in, chat a bit and take a seat.  Shortly an office lady says that it will be an hour before they can see me.  I am early since my appointment was for 4.  ???   This time I am sure I heard the girl on the phone say 3.  Well, the room has 2 other patients and I wanted to get to Joanne's for the T-shirts with a 20% off the sale price of $2 each.  We agreed for me to return at 4:30.  
   At this point rain was not too heavy.  At Joanne's I took in my carefully figured list of shirt sizes, checked out available colors while frequently checking the time so I would not keep the dentist waiting. Picked out the shirts and now need to wait behind 6 other  shoppers for 2 checkouts.  Yeah!  They put on 2 more and soon I was out the door into sort of heavy rain.  
   Made it back to the dentist by 4:30 and sat with 3 other patients.  My patience was a bit tried.  But by 5:30 I was called back.  There I sat waiting for others to be helped and for freezing to take hold. When doctor started working the freezing was not effective.  More waiting.  Once the drilling was done and filling started, I waited for some mild bleeding to stop.  Well, I left there at 6:50 and headed to Freddy's to fill a prescription and buy 4 greeting cards.  By 8 I was so excited to be going home, frozen lip and all!!
   As I write this at 10 PM I think of Bilbo telling Frodo. “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”  (J.R.R. Tolkien)
  It's a dangerous thing sometimes just getting up in the morning.  The end.
_________________________

Sat. June 10   Micaela's high school graduation...PNW style..



Gram G  is still not fully integrated into "big city" life.  My notion of high school graduation is the school auditorium or gym with about 150 students graduating.  I was thinking of wearing a dress with sandals. Fortunately I was more reasonable and chose long trousers, covered shoes....and a raincoat.  We were advised to arrive early, about 9:30 for an 11 o'clock
commencement. That we did, but I didn't know we had to park 1/2 mile away and that we will stand in line, in the rain, for at least a half hour before going "inside" where I thought we would be dry and warm.  After another 1/2 mile walk once the gates opened I was a bit deflated that "inside" was a amphitheater with, gratefully, covered roof.  It was still chilly, sitting there with a wet raincoat and breeze coming
through. 

The orchestra did play light, enjoyable folksy type music while we waited. 





MICAELA MILLER!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!





Gram G and Mick
















Jake, Debbie, Mick, Angie




Mom and Dad,     Debbie, Mick, Keys 


Papa Frank
Grandma Carole



Little Gracie and cake....






Blue sky as we walk back to the car!






This past week held other unique happenings.  Ya all come back soon to find out!

 This has been a good 7 "topsy-turvey" days in the life of Grandma G.


"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment