Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Autumn beauty....

Even through the raindrops...

These past 10 days have passed so quickly.  I have a difficult time moving gracefully when life is rushing by.  Enjoy these last glimpses of color in the PNW.

 






A "woolly bear" predicts the tone of the coming winter, they say.   A wider reddish middle band warns of more severe weather!!  This is a wider band.  (I think)  Oh!  Oh!









Gram G needs to get out walking while the weather is agreeable....but don't believe the 50 or 46% done.  I was all the way done....
Except to get back to water aerobics and PT exercises.  Makes for achy muscles.  But they say all this will keep me strong and healthy..... 



 Puzzle life lessons....(We started this puzzle while Deb was recuperating here at my house.  When she went home it was my task to finish it.  Never leave an unfinished puzzle unfinished....)


Sometimes life seems like a bunch of pieces all dumped out in a heap.....
One needs to see the "whole picture" and then frame in  boundaries.  Start finding single pieces that fit together and then into small clusters that make sense.  

Sometimes pieces seem "to fit" but when the picture is warped and pieces are going in only with effort those pieces really don't belong there. 
The pieces that fit in easily without distorting the photo, those pieces belong there.  When one has it all together there is a delightful picture worth the effort!!  The end....



Saturday, the church I attend had a senior folks gathering.  I had been asked if I would accompany the 21 choruses and hymns that we sang.  Half of them I didn't know so last week my house was filled "with the sound of music" as I tried putting them all together.  It was a bit like cramming for one's school finals.  By Friday evening my brain was jammed full of song bits flowing every which way.  Nice, no room for random thoughts....
After the singing we played bingo.  I won $10! 
I couldn't decide what to cook for the week then remembered I bought fixings for.....

 Ah.....Shepherd's Pie!!  Great for chilly, rainy days!!  YUM!! 


This has been a good 10 "autumn beauty" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness.  He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before." 
 (Joel:2:23)


No comments:

Post a Comment