Monday, January 15, 2018

Finished It!

With the end of the holidays and the start of a new year I thought I would be more diligent to blog more often.  However with the passing of another week I find I have not.  I do have an excuse, which I think is a good one.  I develop the GeoLou Schmidt family "surprise" calendar which runs from February to February, since there is no time to work on it before Christmas. 

This year I tried a new website.  I was quite pleased until I tried uploading and sizing a collage picture.  It seemed to work well except that anytime a picture was deleted or added the entire format changed.  There were so many personalized options and design features the pictures went from toothpick to elephant with the slightest touch.  Exhausting and frustrating.  But hopefully worth the struggle.  There are hours of work into producing my masterpiece.  (That is last year's edition.) The new one is on its way so our Schmidt New Year can begin on time Feb. 1.  I needed to complete the project by 11:59 PM in order get a significant sale price.  Did it.  Finished it.  Hope I like it when it arrives.   

Vancouver weather....Monday morning I started out to an eye exam appointment in the fog and arrived in a "sunbreak".  Had a satisfactory result of the exam since this age brings on a few concerns. 


Tuesday Deb treated Carole and me to the movie, The Greatest Showman. We had a great time watching the story of P.T. Barnum and his circus while munching a huge carton of popcorn.   


Mexican cuisine was on the menu for ladies' lunch out on Wednesday...Holy, moly, Oly..It's mole!  Spicy mole.  My digestion rebelled the next day.  There were only 7 ladies this time.  They were patient as one lady quipped, "She has to take a picture of EVERYTHING".  I think they are on to me..... 



This week brought a sudden surprise.  My Sam has moved to San Diego!  She had considered that for sometime, but thought it would
be in the spring.  Last Monday her aunt called with an offer to come that week.  By Friday she was visiting friends in the area.
I hope all goes well for her, that she finds her destiny with the help of sunshine and warm weather!  I miss her already. All the family will be visiting there late March for a family wedding!  

Saturday I got the cleaning bug and left no messy pile of clothes or random fuzz ball taking up space in my bedroom.  When one stumbles over whatnot and can't find an open area on the floor it is time to take action.  I now luxuriate in a totally spotless room....until adolescent instincts take over again.  

The sky and clouds put on the most amazing spectacle Sunday afternoon.  The weather was so mild and warm I had to go walk.  The blue and white of the sky captured my attention as the clouds looked like they had been delicately brushed by a heavenly presence, as though angel wings flew through, leaving graceful trails behind.   I can hear them joyfully conversing as they majestically fly through God's earthly creation.     



This has been a good 7 "finished it" days in the life of Grandma G.

"O Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty.....He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.  He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants."  (Psalm 104:1-4) 


No comments:

Post a Comment