Sunday, February 11, 2018

Diet Soup...And Alligator Man...


Well, Folks, life has been a bit strange for me lately...nothing drastic, just strange.  I've gone on a "spring cleaning spree".  Serious cleaning turns me into a maniac, with no dust bunny left behind.  Unfortunately this spree is more spurts with lots of sits in between. The joints aren't quite as flexible and strong as in past years and energy levels fluctuate. 'Tis also been a season to catch up on movies, while sitting, since I have a 3 month free trial of Showtime.... 
________________________________
Two weeks ago I decided to try out the cabbage soup diet.....  





Grandson Zach who works for a natural foods warehouse had brought home a bunch of berries and veggies.  All very handy and enjoyable right now!

(Posted at the start.)
I am on day 2 officially of a week of diet soup, veggies and fruit. I'm down a pound.  I want to get rid of the squishy bulge around my middle.  I did water aerobics Tuesday morning and some stretches in the evening. I don't feel too bad, in some ways I feel lighter (ha, ha). But I'm not ready to conquer the world.

This week is also dedicated to sorting out my fractured  finances.  OH, MY! It's like deep sea diving to me...without the proper training.  It is a long story of messiness. I hope, step by slow step, I can regain the territory.

SO...with all that personal challenge this week, I thought a trip into past adventures would be fun.  


Meet JAKE the alligator man.....

Last mid September Angie took us 3 sisters for a weekend to Long Beach, WA, home of Jake at the Marsh's Free Museum




 He was found on a beach in Florida several years ago.  Don't know how he ended up in Washington.  There is a weekend festival every June to find a bride for Jake.  Many people dress up and hope to be picked.....I may have to attend one of those festivals....
3 sisters..Betty, Gram G, Kate....our "Chappie" Angie at Long Beach


  _____________________________
Thursday, Feb 1....11:45AM  PST.....I have officially exited the cabbage soup diet!  With being hungry and a bit lightheaded and having researched the science and follow up of the diet, I have decided to try a tailored version of it and eat whatever I deem healthy at whatever time of day. Possibly with a bowl of cabbage soup for lunch. With the notion of loosing muscle along with water and not many fat cells I figure there is another approach to ridding me of my squishy middle.  I celebrated with a nice bowl of Bob's Red Mill quick cooking steel cut oats laced with a dab of butter and spoon of raw turbinado sugar.  Now THAT is PNW healthy....Oh, Ya!  The chicken and sirloin steak are thawing out.  The End....The soup is actually quite tasty....
Happy February! 

 Diet?  What diet??




 _____________________

Now it is Feb.11.  Rather than "catching up" I seem to be getting more lazy.   But a few activities have gone on. 
We did not see the super blue blood moon of Jan 31 because of cloud cover, but there were nice views on TV.



One day there was 72 degrees difference between Vancouver and my old country.....







I had a "Birthday" Red Robin burger with granddaughter Micaela and a complimentary sundae. 


I discovered the tiniest of pine cones on a pot-planted tree on my deck...and a petrified turtle! 

I was NOT flattered by the Steps app..


Our family calendar was sent out.  In San Diego Berklee is a devoted fan. She spends much time examining all the pictures! 


 Saturday I was privileged to see a puppet presentation at my church.  It was senior gathering morning.

We played a few rousing games of Bingo.  I won $5 on a blackout.  It could have been $10 but there was a tie....

On the way home a stop at the mall was necessary around lunch time.


 Egyptian beef shawarma made a novel, yummy lunch.....




Now we settle in to watch the Olympics for the next several days. 
Well, maybe.....might have a surprise adventure happening soon.
Ya all come back.  I'll commit to blogging more often.  No lazy....

This has been a good 14 "diet soup" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord you are serving."  (Colossians 3:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment