Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I'M BACK!!, says Grandma G....

Hello Loyal fans of Grandma G, and new friends who click in to see what I am all about!

I woke up this morning snuggled in a warm bed and didn't want to get up.  Then I thought of the handful of ladies who faithfully attend water exercises even when I don't, and I inwardly smiled with gratitude for my circle of friends.  I got out of bed and on to water aerobics where 3 ladies were defying the years and getting on with life. I was happy in my spirit again.  

I have been in a slump since late September.  That is a polite way of saying that I have given into LAZY.   It has been easy to listen to negative, troubled thoughts and feelings. This has been a strange, difficult year for me.  Even at the start of the year there was something warning that 2018 was "off track", an uphill climb, an opposing wind, a struggling rock climb.   Now with the year almost over I can look back and declare, it has, indeed, been an off year, but also one of great strides forward in life! 

For now, let me be kind to myself and say that I have needed this time to rest, to heal, to refocus, to get back into energetic life.  I want to enjoy this last month of 2018 and leap into preparing for Christmas, a celebration of light and life!

    The challenge that has faced me (literally) since  September 18 is recovering from a fall onto my face (face dive) onto the blacktop in front of my home. I tripped over the in-ground sprinkler.
     Five days later I attended the wedding of my son at a southern California mountain resort.  I decided to adorn the "mountain raccoon" look....


   

 I am about 90% recovered but a few problems remain to clear up.



Enjoy a photo recap of the autumn season......


Raccoon!!

Bill and Amanda's beautiful mountain wedding... 










Flying with family from San Diego to northern Wisconsin for Louie's celebration of life....3 days after the wedding.


GeoLou family at his service..Sept. 29









Fall colors back home in the PNW....geese returning to the local wet lands


















Excursion on the Willamette River...boat houses..









Church Family Fun night....Frodo came to visit Curly....











 Thanksgiving Time....

















4 generations....Great Gram G,Grandma Deb, Daddy Zach, Rosie
















This has been a good "many recovery" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?--No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."  (Romans 8: 35 & 37)

No comments:

Post a Comment