Thursday, February 14, 2019

Winter Came to Visit....

The weekend blew in some "weather".  Friday we had slight rain outside but the stores had a flood of folks stocking up for the big snow storm coming the next day.   Here in my neighborhood we got about 4 inches overnight.  Debbie's neighborhood got none.  The mountains, of course, got "lots".



Here west of the Cascades winter simply comes to visit, not to stay.  At least by Midwest standards.  By Sunday night most of the snow was gone and all day Monday was a cold rain that cleared away the rest.  

I ventured out just a bit on Saturday morning to snap some memories then retreated into the house to wait out the return of milder weather. 



Enjoy my "snow memories" 
collection.....


  




























Little critter paw prints..











How to spend a snowy afternoon.....














Snow covered Canon Beach....
(Facebook photo)



Great grand daughter, Rosie, enjoying the snow......



snow graced Multnomah Falls
(Facebook photo)
                                           













"Ghost apple"....ice forms on rotten apple still on the tree....rotten apple falls out and an ice apple remains....
                            (Facebook photo) 


So now we are back to our normal winter of rain, rain, rain.  That's OK, though I'd rather have sun, sun, sun.  At least I can enjoy green grass in February.  

I find as time goes on that I need to stay connected to friends and social activities. The more my mind is occupied with these the better I feel about myself and life.  I've had lunch with 3 different friends recently.  Today I sent out Valentine hello's to 40 family members (in 8 text groupings).  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY....
TO ALL MY BLOG FANS!!

This has been a good 10 winter days in the life of Grandma G.

"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."  (John 3:16)



No comments:

Post a Comment