Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Baby Pomai....

It's been over 3 weeks since I have returned from my trip.  The first week was spent napping,figuring out where I am and what time it is.  The second week was occupied with reprogramming my brain to handle everyday, routine activities.  This 3rd week I am getting bored and wanting to get high again....in the sky, that is. I am convincing myself it is good to have time to get something done.  

    My biggest and most exciting news is there is NEW LIFE in my life.  I have a new "adopted" granddaughter!!  Pomaika'i Mia...meaning "My blessing". Her parents call her Pomai.  She was born June 12.

I met Kahana (mom) 6 years ago at a church potluck.  She has chosen to be my loyal friend. Most of her family lives in Maui. She and Saul married 2 years ago.  




We went for our first walk this past week. The weather started a bit chilly and ended a bit warm..
lovely flowers and numerous blueberry bushes.  We went 2&1/2 miles.  (I ended the day with over 3 miles.) We were all tired the next day!
I look forward to being part of her life as she grows!!
Pomai makes 21 grandchildren for Gram G.  The number I've wanted.




______________________________________________

 Time to give the Columbia River Gorge some attention!
Late May visit...
A Red Hat Ladies' day  (couple hours) at Multnomah Falls.  Lunch and photos at the Falls.  
Our charming waiter...



Sitting between myself...
to the left,Georgia
to the right, matching shirts....
Lovely friend, Nancy..sweet potato ravioli with sausage...good sociability





A July visit...

 After crossing the Bridge of the Gods over the Columbia River connecting Oregon and Washington...
























Another Red Hat Ladies' lunch at Skamania Lodge in the Gorge. 
We opted out of the zipline, golf or rafting... 

Columbia River Gorge
(view from the lodge)
__________________
Some Family Summer Connections....

Granddaughters, Angie and Micaela, enjoy Multnomah Falls with great granddaughter, Rosie!  Pacific Northwest ladies!!


       


 A mountain top experience for grandson, 
22 year old Cory....
Summitted Denali (Mt. McKinley) June 29!!
He was one of two guides who assisted a lady climber who has now summitted the highest peaks on the 7 continents.
He graduated from university of Anchorage this past spring.



 Indianapolis siblings meet up with cousin Wisconsin siblings in Milwaukee.....
Stephanie (IN) Angie(WI)
Jim(IN)  Chuck(WI)

For a swaying evening of dinner and Jimmy Buffet....






Indianapolis cousin, Bob, meets up with Wausau, WI cousin, Burt...in  BOSTON...for a trade show... neither knew the other was going to be there....Oh, My!!

 Now they are initiating a cousins reunion in WI next summer....been talking about that for years....32 first cousins and families on Gram G's side... 


 Grandson, Jude, visiting the land of his birth.... Sister/granddaughter, Gemma, checking out London with him.....




As July is ending and August bridges summer into autumn I am again astounded how quickly the year (and years) pass.  I am grateful for abundant family to soothe my sometimes lonesome and restless spirit! 

I do have a surprise coming really soon!  You all  check back to find out what it is!!

This has been a good 21 family connection days in the life of Grandma G.  


"After this, Job lived one hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation. And so Job died, an old man and full of years."  (Job 42:16019)

No comments:

Post a Comment