Monday, September 23, 2019

Once In a Lifetime Day....


I'm not into numbers and days and what mystical meaning they might have, but a few days ago I came quite close.....


9-19-19
On that day many quests I've invested time in produced results...

A devotional of mine was accepted for possible publication....
      

I recorded an original song for a songwriting contest...


I played piano and  lead 3 worship songs for a  ladies' Bible study for the first time....

A friend who has been living overseas and is in town for awhile contacted me to get togeher soon...

I was called in early afternoon to substitute at the local music academy for 5 hours....yay!  some money.....

     So whether forwards or backwards the day was 91919!
A mighty good day it was!! 

And it all started, 9/18, the evening before.....
(also the date of my fall onto my forehead and concussion, 2018)
Angie and I went out to celebrate National Cheeseburger day!

Then she took me to downtown Vancouver to see the new Waterfront....I had no idea that it was a complex of new apartments and storefronts along the Columbia River, close to the I-5 bridge between Vancouver and Portland....



We marveled at the light show of clouds and sunset after a mostly rainy day....





______________________________________________________

Today is International Hobbit Day in honor of 
Bilbo and Frodo Baggins' Birthdays of Sept. 21
Happy forever B-day, Frodo!!




"A rabbit lay here...."

So, my friends, as summer officially comes to a close, don't give up on your dreams and the efforts you have put in, even after a long time!

This has been a good 17 "once in a lifetime" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." 
 (Isaiah 26:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment