Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Lights...


                                                                                                                      



Sometimes I am tempted to think, "Humbug" when it comes to Christmas festivities. But then I think how the myriads of lights brighten the dark nights of winter in the northern hemisphere. I remember that as a Christian, Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus, the light of the world! I am happy to join with those who rejoice in his coming and the light and life he brings to our world.  So, once again, I take part in the decorating and activities of this season! 

But first Ted needed some doctoring. My vehicle.                I arrived home at midnight after my trip to Wisconsin.  The next afternoon I hopped into Ted to go somewhere.  He was completely unresponsive....I called roadside assistance and someone came out to jump the battery.  He said these cold nights (20's) are hard on batteries.  You don't say that in Wisconsin. He said to let it run for about 30 minutes and then drive the vehicle for about another 20.  Next morning I again hopped into Ted....nothing.   This time roadside assistance gave Ted a ride to the car shop.  I got a new battery for free since they said the other was defective.  They also gave me new windshield wipers. 
The End.... 
    
That same morning I returned I had our Red Hat ladies' Christmas party.  Fortunately I had a ride to the gathering.  


We hold it at the local secondary culninary school.  Student chefs and food service personnel prepare and serve the meal.  It is always tasty and festive.  





Time for 20 grandkid
Christmas cards.....

Gracie is happy, too....





Wednesday, Dec. 18, the lady who directs activities at our church asked me if I would accompany the carolers before and after the 2 "living Natavity" services over the weekend.  I agreed.  We practiced for about an hour both Thursday and Friday evenings.  Over the weekend we probably sang (and I played) for over 3 hours.













Curly, the camel, is always a big hit.....




"How's my profile?"





Those shepherds with the phone cameras??

Who said there isn't time travel?



My favorite day of the year!!  Dec. 21, winter solstice....
daylight starts to longer each day.....Three french hens/ err.. mourning doves....


The December solstice viewed at the start of the decade, on Dec. 21, 2010.






Green is why I like Pacific 
Northwest 
Christmas....

Wisconsin 
snow....

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the Millers and Gram G..... 

                           










This has been a good 14 "Christmas lights" days in the life of Grandma G.

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.' "  (John 8:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment