Saturday, November 6, 2021

Last One for 2021...Part 2

 Behold the picturesque Shenandoah Valley!



Tyler, Logan, Jen, Burt



    Monday, Oct. 11 was our sightseeing trip into the Shenandoah National Park to view the colored leaves...and the only day fog intruded on my visit!
     We did stop on our way to the park for warm, crispy apple donuts next to Dismal Hollow Rd in Front Royal, VA.  (Perhaps fog is a regular aspect of life here.)



The weather would clear intermittently 






A lonesome little sunflower overlooking the valley



The ambiance was a hobbit's delight!




Mary's Tunnel along Skyline Drive


The light at the end of the tunnel...

...Makes for a lovely framed scene!


    I will save 2 more adventures for Part 3
___________________________
Vancouver October Update....

Mic and Angie drive Gram G 42 miles
 to obtain a TSA precheck status!!


Historical hotel from 1923 era

Lunch at Grant's restaurant in the hotel 

Autumn rose in my yard...



Sausage, rice stuffed acorn squash!
(Tasty, but I doubt I'll make them again.)

Pumpkin carving with Rosie

Roasted pumpkin seeds!!


Homemade roasted red pepper, gouda soup!!

(Very tasty, but lots of fuss to make.  
Might do again on a cold, rainy winter day.)

"It's a gouda soup, Darling!

Autumn beauty



Need some lovin'?
(FaceBook picture...nobody I know)



REFLECTIONS
        I love visiting our national parks where trees abound.  I am at home in a forest setting.  My first memories of fun were roaming around the "back 40" with my foster brother, Jim, when we were around 7 years old.  My soul and spirit find rest in a rural setting.  I think what I like about living in Vancouver is that, though it is a large city, it doesn't feel like it.  There are no high rise buildings.  It is a patchwork of "small, tree filled rural towns" sewn together by busy highways. In my home, from my living room window, I see lots of green in my little hobbit yard. Green is good!!   

This has been a good 2 Geogram weeks in the life of Gram G. 

"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth."  (Psalm 96: 11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment