Tuesday, June 20, 2023

SUMMER!




With the arrival of summer I want to enjoy the quickly passing months.  This summer is different for me.  For the first time in many years I don't have a grandkid trip to plan for and enjoy.  There have been 18 and 1 to go. She is only 7 so there is a lapse of 3-5 years before we go again.  This is a stay at home summer...staycation as the modern term goes.  I want to remind myself every day that it is SUMMER!  Relax and enjoy...while getting some much needed cleaning done.  


There is a blue jay that hangs around.  She sits on top of the neighbor's pine tree.  I imagine she is queen and reigns over her territory with a bird's eye view (ha, ha).   

A few days ago she landed in my hobbit garden with a prize morsel in her mouth.

Three (tree) reasons I love Vancouver!



The big and the small!!


My Favorite!!

They are redwoods, also known as sequoia.
___________________ 

I've had a bunny living in my front lawn.  He leaves abundant droppings as he enjoys the grass but also turns it brown from nesting. I read that bunnies do not like red pepper so sprinkling it around the yard might move them out.  


"A rabbit lay here..."


I applied the red pepper therapy a couple weeks ago, hoping it would work...unless they are Hispanic and then there would be 6 for dinner that night.
I have not seen a bunny since!!


What does one do when home alone on a rainy Friday evening??

How about fresh home made banana bread?  I don't care for bananas but I do like banana bread!
______________________________
Front yard tree trimming time...






Love it when the Irish moss is in full bloom with tiny white flowers!


I think this is called the strawberry moon!  It was yellowish in the sky.

Debbie invited me to fresh made pasta lunch on the Vancouver waterfront. Yummy outing with Debbie, Angie, Carole, Gram G!

A three generation stroll along the Columbia River!


Creekside Park hosted a community wide garage sale this past weekend.  I had Jake haul out several boxes of stuff for me to go through and get rid of at the sale.  I was having a stressful week.  That's when Deb invited me to pasta lunch and suggested, "Forget the garage sale".  Now I'm glad I did.  
So now the several boxes will sit patiently until I leisurely decide how to be rid of them.  Stuff I brought out here almost 11 years ago!





__________________________

IT'S HERE!!  WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ALL THESE MONTHS!!!
The next chapter in Gram G's life story!!  I'm trying to get back to writing a first draft, chapter by chapter.  Life has gotten all absorbing.  Truthfully, I'm trying to do too many activities and mostly end up not finishing them.  I invite you to check out "Chapter 12...To the Nunnery" in the "pages" bar.  

REFLECTIONS 

It is SUMMER in Vancouver, Washington.  I am resolved to enjoy hanging out here for the summer months for the first time since I moved out 10 years ago.  My restless self wants to hop a plane and travel somewhere.  I hope to experience the satisfaction of tending to home matters, hanging out with family and visiting local attractions.  So with Olaf I sing, "SUMMER!".

This has been a good three GeoGram weeks in the life of Gram G.

"While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease." (Genesis 8:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment