Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lunar Eclipse and Blood Moon.....Post Views....10,955

I started observing and taking pictures about 11: 58 PM PST.  At first there were clouds floating by.  For about 45 minutes the sky outside my house was clear.  Of the 92 photos I took these are the best.  The bright speck to the upper right appears to be the International Space Station......


 MAN IN THE MOON?












 As much of the "blood moon" I could get before the clouds moved in.   Space station to the mid-right of the moon?



     I finished my moon gazing and photography about 1:15 AM and headed off to dreamland.   
_______________________________________
      Tuesday brought water aerobics, "clean myself up" time, the afternoon at Fred Meyers grocery shopping (and checking out spring flowers and planters), a hurry home and one piano lesson at 5 PM. 
     
       Later in the day I wondered what to have for dinner.  There was mashed potatoes in the frig, along with a small portion of uncooked hamburger, a chunk of colbyjack cheese, some frozen peas and carrots, a can of mushrooms.....what to make?  What to make?  How about.........
                       Home made Shepherds Pie?   
    I was not aware of shepherds pie until I moved out here and ordered it at a Pacific Ocean coastal English restaurant several months ago.  While looking for a recipe I learned that traditionally it is made with lamb.  When made with beef in New Zealand or Australia it is known as Cottage Pie. 
Whatever the name, it is easy to make and very yummy. 

       This has been a good "blood moon and shepherds pie" day in the life of Grandma G.

       "The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and the moon.  It was you who set all the boundaries of the 
earth; you made both summer and winter."  (Psalm 74: 16 & 17)

  






No comments:

Post a Comment