Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Busy and NOT Bored......Post Views....14,821

     Grandma G is coming down from an adrenalin high....

Pacific Northwest Red Hot
Red Hat Mama.....

On Thursday...

We held our Red Hats lunch Christmas party at the 
Red Lion at the Quay...

Views of Columbia River and I-5 bridge
on a rainy day in Portland...Oh, My.....




Great big sandwich for an itty bitty mouth....
.....How did Georgia know that Georgia is a tea drinker (that's a riddle for you....)








Ready to face the rain.....






That same evening Angie and I attended our church's first ladies' get together and ornament exchange....FUN....
Friday afternoon there was a pause in the rain.....out for a walk



LOVE... the PNW moss....(and plastic bunnies)






On a full moon Friday evening my friend, Kahana, picked me up for a drive into Portland for the Women of Faith conference
......and again on Saturday morning through 5PM....





  
     In between times during the week and Sat evening I worked hard on learning The Revelation Song to play on piano and sing for Sunday service since it was a special one to commission a young missionary heading overseas.  I just became aware of the song that Monday, though I have heard it before.  I thought I could pick it out from Youtube and figure it all out and know it all...well... by Sunday.....even with several activities happening all week.   (This must be Grandma G's manic phase.)  Saturday evening I gave up and ordered the music to download. Even with that the song is rather tricky....rhythmically challenging.  We did practice before service with the intent of including it.  Turns out our time was filled with other events and we did not sing it.  Which is OK because now there is time to actually learn it well before including it sometime after Christmas.....But, trying to learn it stretched me a little beyond comfort....that it, it tired me out.      
Come Sunday, after a great service, I was invited to a "send off" party in a little church/cafe in the neighboring town of Battleground just 10 miles north of where I live.  I hadn't driven there on my own before, but decided it was time to expand my horizons.  The drive went fine.  The building was very quaint, painted in muted colors.  I met new folks who in time will become friends.

     The result of all this busy activity is satisfaction, but
 also.....fatigue.  And a bit of a headache.  Monday I slept in, took a half hour walk during a "sun break", then spent the rest of the day sick with a headache and stomach pains.  

    Ahhhh......a rainy Tuesday and no place I have to go......time for dishes (a week's worth), laundry, BLOGGING, stretches,  AND....
5 episodes of Star Trek I hadn't seen before. (Well, one I had, but had forgotten it.)   

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

      This has been a good 5 "busy and not bored" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Come to me [Jesus], all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  (Matthew 11: 28 &29)

No comments:

Post a Comment