Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Busy, But a Bit Bored.....Post Views....14,694

               I find it hard to realize that Christmas Eve is 3 weeks from this evening.   Last January I knew that 2014 would pass quickly, but I didn't think THIS quickly.   They say time goes faster as one gets older.....I must be getting older....
   I don't know what I did noteworthy since Sat.  Lets just skip over Sunday and Monday, then start at Tuesday.  ( I do remember Monday because it was Cyber Monday and I found a really good deal on a round trip air ticket to San Diego.....SO....San Diego here I come in January!!)
    On Tuesday I talked with son, Burt, about arrangements for Lou to come out here for a couple months starting in January.  He and Lou will travel out together since Burt has business in Portland.  More on that as time goes by.  AKA....how to stay occupied from now until April 1....
    Tuesday was also "hang out at Freddy's (a store)" for 4 hours.  There were many % off coupons and many items for me to check over.  A good outing for Grandma G.
    Our indoor pool is closed for maintenance this week, so I don't have to make up excuses not to go to water aerobics.....but need to find other exercise.    
    Today, Wednesday, I decided to beautify the local  environment by getting my hair colored and nails done.   Yeah! That was after an invigorating 2 miles walk while the weather was somewhat balmy.   This evening we had our second sing-along gathering at the club house.  We had 4 musicians and 4 singers, enjoying Christmas songs.  We are a little group that has not played together before so it was fun getting in sync.   
      I have several activities coming up the rest of this week.....Red Hat ladies' dress up Christmas party Thursday noon and then an ornament exchange party with our little church in the evening.  
Friday PM and all day Saturday is a Women of Faith conference in Portland.  Sunday morning is a special commissioning service at church. In the afternoon I am invited to a "sending off" party.  Me thinks Grandma G is getting a life here in the Pacific Northwest.  
     I am trying to learn a song I am familiar with, but don't have music for.  Trying to pick it out from youtube.  That is taking a bit of time.  
    When grocery shopping I bought fresh veggies and today took time to put together a "mega salad".  I haven't had salad since the tooth extraction 6 weeks ago.  "Mega salad" consists of mixed greens or romaine lettuce, onion, garlic, sweet red pepper, cucumber, peas, black olives, shredded carrots, dried cranberries, walnuts, almonds, grated cheese, whatever meat or boiled egg one has on hand and walnut oil mixed with a vinaigrette.  I make up 2 of them so that next day's meal is ready much quicker. (This also makes a good  visual aide.) Since I don't eat fish, the walnuts provide needed omega 3's.  (fish allergy)  All part of a healthy life style....
       I am trying to retrain my sleep cycle for me to get up at 7 rather than 8 or 9.  It worked for 2 days, but doesn't go so well when one can't close out the day until midnight.  Mornings have always been a challenge to me.  In boarding high school I received many "demerits" for not jumping out of bed at 6:30 AM....still can't do it.  But I've heard so much about the benefits of early rising I thought I would find out for myself.   Rising tomorrow probably won't be at 7 because it is now almost midnight once again......

     This has been a good 4 "busy, but a bit bored" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."  (Psalms 5:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment