Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mid-Summer Meltdown....Post Views...19,015

 Slowdown?  
 Letdown ?
 Wind-down?
  Blow-down?
       Whatever one wants to call it, it happened Monday and Tuesday.  
          Not really "downs" but a completion and a pause and time to rest a bit.  
          Monday was the first day in about 8 months that I didn't feel a responsibility or a goal to meet.  
         This has been a non-stop year.  In fact it started around Thanksgiving of last year---a continual series of dental work, Christmas, trip to San Diego, getting a room ready for Lou to come visit, Lou visiting for 6 weeks, Easter with 4 choir practices, getting the guest room redecorated for Autumn to come, preparing and starting a green space in my pebble back yard, traveling to the Midwest for 4 weeks of family interaction, Autumn visiting here for 3 weeks and finally a week in San Diego for family activity including a hosting a baby shower.  All great adventures.....
       Time to take a deep breath and rest awhile.    
So......yesterday and today I have lounged around (watched TV) most of the day, though there was some cooking, dishes, washing bedding, watering my Hobbit yard, computer work and wondering what comes next going on as well.    Oh, well. 

    
       







Evening in my Hobbit yard....
Where daisies grow as tall as trees....


And humming birds fly in for a sip of nectar...








In reality I am much better off and productive when there is plenty of activity happening.  When I sit and veg that is what I do
"sit and veg".  Kind of like a lizard when its away from the sun.  I just slow down and down and down until the lizard turns into a sloth.  Oh, my.   

      But......tomorrow is another day AND another adventure....
This one came unexpectedly, but this lizard will feel like it soaked up a lot of sunshine and energy.  At least briefly.  Check back in a couple days to find out.....
     And in the days and weeks to come hopefully instead of loafing and vegging I will reminisce on all these past adventures and fill you in on what I haven't so far.   
     Besides figuring out how my life will unfold in the near future.

This has been a good 2 "loaf around" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "He [Jesus] said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest'."  (Mark 6:31)    

No comments:

Post a Comment