Monday, November 16, 2015

Fall Foto- Fest Fun....Post Views...20,998

     Here in the PNW we are in the "rainy season"...started a few weeks ago.  So now, its mostly clouds and rain with occasional "sun breaks" or at least just clouds.  Staying inside and sighing can lead one to a gloomy attitude.  
    This morning I decided to take a walk before the rain started again at 2 PM...so the weather report said.  At 11:06 I started out from my house to walk around the roads of my neighborhood before I got too chilly.  (Yesterday late afternoon I went out in a light jacket and returned home quickly because of the cold...low 40's. You mid-westerns catching on to what is happening to this former northern Wisconsin pioneer?)   The colors were very lovely so I deemed this walk a photo shoot of autumn colors.  It turned into full fall foto-fest fun.....
ENJOY.....




















Red berries and ivy....
Deb's favorite Christmas carol when growing up in Wisconsin
was/is "The Holly and the Ivy"


Cornucopia of colors.... 



"Oh, give me a home where the little gnomes roam..."






Proud to be pansies!





















"Bring me your cold weary, your snow fatigued,your frostbitten, your frozen,
And I will give them....rain....



Hobbit garden in autumn dress....



 I was almost home when Chuck from the office (park manager) approached me.  I thought he was simply heading home for something and went over to greet him.  He greets me with, "Oh, its you" and I respond with something like, yah.  He goes on to say he got a phone call that some woman in a red coat was walking
around the park and taking pictures of houses.  I laugh (nicely), yes I am wearing a red coat and say that I am taking photos of greenery, plants and fall colors.  I assure him I am not noting anything private, that I am still intrigued with all the beautiful colors of nature.  He retorts, "You can see that our residents are alert to what goes on here.  Don't want any peeping toms around."   Oh, yah.   I end by telling him to let the caller know that I am just out enjoying and photographing the lovely scenery.  I didn't think I was that obvious taking 99 pictures in 50 minutes.
       Well, that made my day.  Always a good day when I can raise a ruckus without even trying.  And a plus day when my phone "stepmeter" says I've walked 1:54 miles....the distance around all the streets in the park.    And even better when the sky is only exhaling a few rains drops before I get home.  Rain was so eager to get here it came at noon instead of 2 PM. 

      By 3 PM the rain was falling in buckets. (Well, not in buckets...just in bucket loads....cats and dogs?.....sheets????)
Great time to stay inside, eat potato chips, watch TV and clean out a half ton of piled up papers to be sorted through and maybe made sense of.   Time to remind myself that all that wet stuff is NOT snow or ice and the ground is GREEN!!   

      Around 5 PM my time I Skyped with Charlie and his 3 young angels....7 o'clock their time.  Caught up with their family activities. The oldest girl has been taking horseback riding lessons for 3 years.  I was able to tell her that I had watched the movie, Secretariat, Sunday evening.  She had seen it and agreed that it is a great movie and wonderful true happening. I always feel like I am on the Enterprise, communicating with Earth whenever I Skype.... 

     This has been a good 3 "foto-fest fun" days in the life of Grandma G.

 "Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth."  (Psalms 108:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment