Friday, November 13, 2015

Social Week....Part 2....Post views....20, 971

   AH......Friday the 13th.....
        The day to walk under a ladder, pet a black cat or two, get up on the wrong side of the bed, throw salt over you shoulder, etc.
        I am not into superstitions or numbers, but with "space debris" falling back into earth, snow falling in northern Wisconsin, rain out here and me waking up congested this morning perhaps its a great day to stay in one's jammies, drink tea and blog.....just saying.....
        One lady whose mom's B-day is today said it is a good day for her to buy 13 lottery tickets at 1300 hours today.   Might work....

 On to Social Week part 2 

Wednesday, Nov 11.     VETERANS DAY....  
 THANK YOU TO ALL MY FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HAVE SERVED IN THE MILITARY...
7 OUT OF 16 OF MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY  
(These days I think they are accustomed to me being a day or week behind everything.)
THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS WHO HAVE SERVED SO BRAVELY AND CONTINUE TO BRAVELY LIVE LIFE.....


     I went to lunch that day with 10 ladies from the park.  We drove  20 sunny minutes to Battleground (no association intended) to a favorite cafe. 
The lady/ies who have B-days that month get to choose the restaurant.  I have not been along with this group since early spring. This was a good opportunity to mingle.  I didn't get pictures, mostly because I don't want to be known as "that annoying picture lady":-)

       Once back home, the afternoon and evening was occupied hanging out with the senior officers of the Enterprise, engaging them in their pursuits and watching Dr. Quin to see what troubles she can get into and then masterly resolve them.   

   
         It was time for an autumn tradition of digging out pumpkin seeds, cleaning them, seasoning them and roasting them.  Yum!  Most will go to Deb's family.











    Thursday our Red Hats group set out for Troutdale, OR, a touristy town, the gateway to the Columbia River Gorge.  We went to the Country Store for lunch and shopping in a 3-floored sea of stuff. 
I asked how much time were we going to have and the answer was, "No hurry, just when everyone is done."  Oh, yah.  They evidently aren't familiar with my shopping habits.  Fortunately for me "everyone" was done and waiting in about 20 minutes.....waiting for me.  I purchased one of 4 possible items.  We then drove to the outlet mall of about 30 stores.  We shopped 2 of them in 30 minutes and were on our way home.  (No purchases there.)  


     Going to these places gives me ideas where to take my guests whenever they arrange to come visit me in the summer or early autumn...




Just in case you see these somewhere....they are on my Christmas wish list.   The turtle and sea horse are sewn with fuzzy yarn....

(Country Store, Troutdale, OR)




   So, it is back to Friday.  The head congestion cleared up and the day went by catching up on laundry and doing something that has been waiting since last winter.....shortening up the legs of 2 pairs of warm trousers.  A bit annoying to do, but nice to have done.

This has been a goo 3 "social week" days in the life of Grandma G.

"They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks.  Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore."  (Isaiah 2: 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment