Sunday, January 31, 2016

Fun Week...Post Views..22,652


      Well, it WAS a fun week until something abruptly happened on Blogger and 5 hours of work was GONE,  just plain GONE....
With much dismay I will see how quickly I can  redo it.  I am totally spaced out what happened?????

     On with the FUN.
     Wednesday, Jan 27 was Gemma's 9th B-day.  She was born with  a disconnected esophagus and laryngeal cleft so liquids would seep into her lungs.  She spent her first month of life in the neonatal unit and endured several surgeries her first year while being fed with a feeding tube in her stomach.

Daddy and Gemma in the NICU.

Meeting Grandma G for the first time at 2 months old.

Happy 9th B-day, Gemma!!







        That afternoon my friend, Kahana, and I went for lunch at an Hawaiian restaurant near where I live.




Kahana ordered strawberry/guava drink

I ordered POG..
passionfruit/orange/guava juice


(Wikipedia)
POG is a tropical juice drink created in 1971 by a food product consultant named Mary Soon who worked for Haleakala Dairy on Maui, Hawaii. It consists of a blend of juices from passionfruit, orange, and guava (hence POG).
POG is produced by Meadow Gold Dairy, a subsidiary of Dean Foods.





She had loco moco....
large bowl of rice topped with a hamburger patter, fried egg and lots of brown gravy.
        Comfort Food
 Hawaiian version of  Midwest mashed potatoes, pot roast and lots of gravy...Oh Ya!



The small blue dish has kimchi....fermented cabbage with a spicy sauce.....
TOO spicy for me  


I had Kuala pork with yakisoba noodles

A painted coconut
A man's necklace of Kukui nuts

Hula Boy restaurant is a one mile walk from my house, SO....
when my Indiana sisters come to visit later in the summer we can hula there and back.


Later in the day I went to Freddy's to buy some light colored clothes for my surprise trip!!










Thursday was our annual Red Hats "planning day" for the year's activities.  We do this while enjoying a potluck brunch at the club house.  I decided to try a spinach, artichoke egg bake. I've never made one nor have I cooked with artichokes.    
It turned out quite yummy.  The Red Hat ladies thought so too.  
New favorite recipe.





My friend, Jo, knit her own hat..
figuring out the pattern as she went..


     After a good brunch and a long sit, with the rain changing to sunshine, it was time for a walk.  I strolled around the park then decided to walk to Fourth Plaine intersection about a mile up the road.  
     Passing the Burnt Bridge Creek creek, now filled with water, I noticed a duck out for a swim.  I quickly took out my phone camera for a picture or 20.  The duck must have heard me cause after a couple clicks she swam upstream as fast as her little webbed feet would let her.  It quacked me up....
    Continuing on with the walk I crossed a driveway about a fourth of a block up.  I heard "Grandma. Grandma! What are you doing here?  Mom and I are coming to your house in 2 minutes." OH!  I get in the car with her to return home.  Just as we get there Deb sends a text. "We are coming to your house in 1 minute."  OK, I text back, as we look at each other from different cars.   


A fun surprise visit from Deb and Micaela.






AW....where are the cookies and candy??

Smiles from baby Berklee!



    
     Friday morning I enjoyed a 30 minute Face Book phone call from a young lady friend who has recently moved out of the country to live for a long while. 
      This was my first such phone chat.  Great fun and satisfaction to be able to communicate this way!

   
     Saturday Gerry completed the Spartan Race for the first of  his Rady's Children's Hospital fund raiser goal of $25,000 by the end of the year. 

                                  
                                       taking a break 










stats for the day...



    Click on link for more information.
http://give.rchsd.org/goto/MachuPicchuNICU2016

     
     I spent most of my Saturday after water aerobics working on a previous version of this post that was abruptly wiped out.  But I will not dwell on that.   Did other fun things like laundry, cooking, and cleaning out heaps of paper stuff caused by our "paperless" society. 
     After Sunday morning worship team practice and service I met my physical challenge in the  afternoon..
     Then set in front of the TV watching a movie and peeking in on our absurd presidential campaign..and that is all I'll say about that.

   

    Count down to my SURPRISE TRIP...Oh Ya!!

     This has been a good "fun" week in the life of Grandma G.

    "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  (Psalms 37:3 & 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment