Monday, November 7, 2016

Cider, Pumpkins, Star Trek, Oh My...Post Views.... 27,480



       Well, folks, Gram G is either busy having fun, watching too much TV, going for more walks, fighting achy joints and headache, trying to figure out the meaning of life, practicing for an upcoming"Autumn Reflections" piano concert, sleeping, moving slower as time is moving faster or getting lazy.  It's been a week already since I last blogged.  Thank you so much for checking back and your faithful patience with me!

      I left off the day before going to a cider-squeeze event on Sat. Oct 28 at the Cedar Creek Grist Mill.  My friend, Mary, drove us the 20 some miles out on a crisp semi-sunny day.    

We arrived there about 2 PM and as they had been "pressing" since 10 AM the apple barrel was getting low.....
But we saw how they cut the apples into 4 pieces and then feed them into the press to extract the cider.  



We set in on a good ol' fashion bluegrass jam session.

Made me want to tune up my guitar (or learn fiddle), get some lessons in Portland and join their weekly jams in downtown Vancouver!
Oh, yah!!








The mill is set in the depths of PNW forest and along the Lewis River.  Prime hobbit and gnome real estate. 






______________________________________________________

                                   On Tuesday, Nov 1,  (my oldest son's--Gerry-- 48th B-day)                                                                                     After a quick trip to Fred Meyers to take advantage of first Tuesday 10 % senior discount and even more quick cooking,                  
 I had guests over for an almost hobbit dinner....

Stuffed pumpkin....modern style....ground turkey and brown rice.....fresh apple cider from the grist mill....



Fellow "in-laws" Carole and Frank....I am aiming to have individual families over so we can visit....individually....  
After dinner we watched Star Trek Beyond....I consider myself a treky, but Carole knows more than me about the characters....  



that's a lot of roasted seeds from 2 tiny pumpkins



___________________________________
 Thursday offered another opportunity to walk in the crisp autumn air.   It was also the 14th B-day of my granddaughter, Autumn Rose, who lives in Wisconsin.








   






 The leaves are getting sparse, yet still lovely

little crawly creatures are spinning airborne homes, 

while tiny toads (poetic) are loudly croaking for a fall rendezvous.  


Friday I did my civic duty and sent in my ballot......

Then scurried off for a ladies' sleepover at a church friend's home.                                                                                              A wild game of Apples to Apples
complete with a wood stove and 3  black kitty- cats.


A few of us party-hardy ladies watched New In Town before drifting off to sleep about 2 AM.

The movie was entertaining and funny, though some of it got personal for me since the ridiculous cold and social scenes were plenty true.... 


After a morning of breakfast and visiting we all headed home about noon, leaving our hostess quite tired, but nicely so I hope.




Later that rainy afternoon I enjoyed a rare treat....

movie and dinner alone with daughter, Debbie.....

A viewing of Dr. Strange gave us a good appetite for chatting and mushroom/Swiss burgers at the Peachtree restaurant....

Love ya, Deb, first born child


Off to bed for Grandma G.  The extra hour from the time change made up for the 6 hours the night before.....

This has been a good 7 "Oh My" days in the life of Grandma G.

"For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the works of your hands, and your joy will be complete."  (Deuteronomy 16:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment