Monday, February 24, 2020

Let the Party Begin!

AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY....

February is our Birthday month for 6 members of our family.
These weeks are overly busy so we are having our combined celebration in March.

(3 generations of Feb B-day ladies....Gram G, Debbie, Micaela)






 I, however, started my party with a free B-day burger at Red Robin with our "ladies out to lunch" group early in the month.







And then started preparing for a surprise trip on the 20th....well, it wasn't a surprise for me.





Mt. Hood on the way to the airport....actually, I was on the way to the airport, not Mt. Hood






Where is Gram G?
.....in blue skies?


Ocean Beach, CA!!!

Friday, a day to sleep in, enjoy some sunshine and play 3 rounds of Jude's Journey, an original game created by his family with the help of nifty dates.....











What's this?  
Rain in southern Cali?
Granddaughter, Gemma, 
Happy, Happy, Happy to have 
"Weather"? 
(We have weather all the time in the PNW)



One of the reasons I am here at this time is to attend a  
DRUM LINE competition of grandson, Jude, before he graduates from high school this spring.  He plays the marimba....speedily, precise, emphatic and with passion! 












__________________________________________________

How does one spend her last day of being 73?

What about a trek across bike trails and walking the rails once again?  All alone?  Into the unknown?



And eating LOCO MOCO at the beach....
Hawaiian beef and gravy over rice, topped with fried egg and a hint of tang!  Yummy....Aloha!!


 Beautiful, mild day for a walk on the beach...
unless one is a sea gull, then its a fly over...


Finishing up the day with B-day Eve cake with Jude, Gemma and dad.   Let the party week continue!!

Would you believe that I had this blog post complete and then some wrong press of my finger wiped it all out???  Believe me...
second go around....
 Let the party week continue!! It is NOW officially my 74th B-day... 12:30AM 2/24/2020 WOOT! WOOT!

This has been a good 2 good GEOGRAM weeks in the life of Grandma G

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, know that full well".
(Psalm 139:13-14)


No comments:

Post a Comment