Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Sometimes You Just Gotta......


AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY
                                               February in the  PNW




Some times you just gotta....



This has been a boring, but interesting week for Geo.

I'm still dealing with what seems to be an infected tooth.  The dentist prescribed one more      week of antibiotics.  Sometimes I feel neutral, sometimes a bit weird on them.  A few days from now should conclude something.  

In the meantime I find me bored with myself.  There are a lot of messy clean ups to do in the house, but there is also a general aura of lingering disinterest.  It actually is perfect timing to dig in and get stuff done, but....I did manage to load a large waste basket with paperwork going back 7 years.  It's a start.  There are still boxes of stuff stashed away since my move out here.    


Fortunately, the BBCAmerica is running the 
Star Trek Deep Space Nine series.  I didn't get to watch them 20 some years ago, so now,thanks to DVR, I can binge watch them.  And that I have done...72 episodes in the past couple weeks, according to the list.  
Monday and Tuesday I expect a
new set of stories will record.  They are quite intriging and clever though the conclusions are a bit simplistic and abrupt.  Fun to watch something new.  Sometime you just gotta....

("John, Dere, will you tract or follow that light?")



I do have a new toy; an electronic device to be precise.... one that I have needed for a long time.  A new computer! 
It's a "new generation" one, compact and light weight.  My dear, faithful 9 year old Toshiba has grown into a dinosaur which needs to kept plugged in.  
A friend helped me decide on which one to purchase.  I've done a little downloading on my own.  He generously came over today, Tuesday, to instruct me on some confusing programs.  I feel like I am a part of this electronic world!!  This new personal device is a lot of fun.  Hope it helps me organize my cyberworld! 

Also this past week our community held the second disaster preparedness meeting.  Such a program is just in the planning stage. Several of us want to be organized, trained and equipped in case a wide scale emergency occurs.  There will be more meetings as we work to get prepared.  There was a display of basic supplies to have in our home to get us through a couple weeks.  The idea is to get these into our houses; buy them as money allows.  There is more conversation in the Pacific Northwest for when the "big one" hits.  I do agree with being prepared and will work on that as money, time and memory allow. Main thing for me is an adequite supply of bottled water.  Need to work on that.

To me the challenge of boredom is to find ways to be content hanging out with oneself; to find that one main goal that propels one to look to the result while working through the mundane. I find I am an adrenaline junkie (senior citizen mode).  I am energized when "out and about" with others, planning and taking trips, visiting family, hosting dinners.  When conditions "confine" me to my home I lose excitement and motivation.  But that is where true character develops.  SO....here's to home bound boredom.  Discover the real YOU!

This has been a good GeoGram week in the life of Grandma G.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." (Romans 12:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment