Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Small Happy Surprises...Post Views....14,028

     Monday was a day of small almost unrecognized happy surprises.  After a weekend of steady rain, the sun was out most of the day and the air was warm.  I had a post extraction check up and found out the white hunk protruding in my gum was a slice of tooth fragment, which the dentist easily pull out.  I finished with the antibiotics.  When I stopped at the bank which I hadn't been to for over 3 months one of the tellers called me by my first name. (Someone remembered me!). Shortly after, I recognized 2 ladies from the park at the store I went to.  I received 2 phone calls confirming to new piano students.  Later in the afternoon I went for a walk, the first since the dental ordeal.  Ah.....life was sweet and good that day.    
      It's been a week since the molar extraction.  I didn't expect it to have such an impact on me.  A week of recovery.  Feels like a huge crater in my gum. Hopefully, though, I will generally feel better now that it is out.  
      Saturday I was still enduring the effects. A few weeks earlier I had committed to playing keyboard for Sunday services of the new small church I've started attending.  I didn't think I would that particular morning.  But the pastor had sent a song list to me and I thought I should at least try. ( I was eager to go someplace after being home for 5 days.)  And try I did, though feeling rather weak. As the morning went on I regained some strength.  I was glad to have gotten back into life.....even more glad to be privileged to  play for the services.
      For the afternoon?  Well, a 2 hour nap, of course.  And then TV.
      Tuesday the rain returned in full force for all of the day.  A great day to stay snuggled inside and fire up the artificial fire in the fireplace. Time to sort through tons of  church music sheets I brought along from Wisconsin and to organize the ones I like with the new ones that I learned out here. Now there is an orderly folder of available music I can play.....Yeah!....

         Life here has turned a corner for me.  Most of the basic transitions have been accomplished.  Now I need to look for meaningful involvement which includes an income.  Guess some people would call that a job.  Oh Ya....   My main focus is to advertise to build up piano student clients.  I'm not fond of the idea of actually getting a job at a store.  There are a few other options, but time, circumstance and energy levels will dictate what will work out.  This is a rather strange awareness.  I need to identify who I am for the next 10-15 years.  Some folks refer to this as an identity crisis.  That is exactly correct. 

     This has been a good 3 "small happy surprises" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."  (Proverbs 15:13) 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment