Tuesday, November 4, 2014

YIKES! It's Been A WEEK!!.....Post Views....14,147

         I haven't been lazy....just lazy at blogging.  I'm not even going to try to review the past week.  I consider myself still in recovery mode from the tooth extraction.  Today is 2 weeks post op, so I'll have to drop that excuse pretty soon.  BUT, there is still a large gap in the back of my mouth and a few pains now and then. 
          I think the time change and the season change and "life situation" change have lulled me into a semi-hibernating mindset. The life situation change is simply that I am mostly settled in and now need to find a productive, daily routine in which I find myself useful, capable and financially stable. 
       I consider this present "season" a time of planting seeds of various kinds and waiting to see what takes root and returns a harvest (money).  
       I've been trying to set up a couple of web sites, one for my teaching studio and one to sell my music.  The programming part of
  this has been going slow, painful, frustrating and challenging.  Stuff that takes a lot of time, but doesn't lend itself to entertaining blogging, unless you include the temptation to bad words or heaving the laptop off the desk.  
      So, basically, I am trying to form a home business....kind like a stew....of various components.  Yah,  that's it.  Lots of hours and no pay.  BUT..someday those hours will pay big returns.  Yah, that's it. 
       There was a "sun break" in the weather sometime this past week.  A great time for a walk and a few autumn photos.  The fall has been wet..lots of rain..but still good color.
   
      It has been a busy week involving a few walks, 40 minute water aerobics workouts,  an evening at Deb's,  piano practice for church service and personal music, adding 3 piano students, recognizing 2 family B-days, a perm and nails done, discussing a new sing-along group here in the park, and enduring a computer/phone outage.  (Thanks, Chuck, for coaching me how to remedy that.) 

     Slow cooked Jamaican jerk pork....Yummy!!



     Louie has a big day coming up on Wednesday, Nov, 5.  He is being released from the rehab center, going to pick up his full set of dentures and moving to Burt's for the next few weeks.  (I also hear rumors of stopping at Pizza Hut for a taste of pizza.)  His short term goals?  He is going to work really hard to build up his walking strength to walk through an airport so he can fly out here to Vancouver, WA. (to escape the annoying therapists) and to get back to eating so he can enjoy a meal of dumplings.  Good goals....

    This has been a good 7 "it's been a week" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening do not let your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well."  (Ecclesiastes 11: 6) 

No comments:

Post a Comment