Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Some things You Can't Rush Into.....Post Views....14,375

       Since Thursday was a cold, blustery day here in the PNW  I figured it was a great time to assemble....or at least try to assemble the armoire(jewelry cabinet) that I purchased 2 years ago.   It was boxed and needed some assembly.  Now, also 2 years ago, I had bought a desk that needed assembling.  I asked my grandson to do that.  By the time he laid out the 100 or so pieces, neither one of us knew what to do with it.  Eventually I had a handyman come and spend several hours putting it together.  I guess that is why I hesitated to even look in this box.  But how hard could it be?  I did have 2 years to bond with at least the box.    



So getting out my handy-dandy tool box that my sons bought me I dug out the screw drivers and got to work.


With only the legs and top to assemble it certainly shouldn't be very difficult.  And it wasn't.....
except I put the front legs on the back and the back on the front.  


Then screwed the cover hinge on wrong so the 
top wouldn't close.....
Maybe I should stick with music and not consider a career in carpentry....





My very own armouri was                             finally finished and looking good..



I even learned how to use a box
cutter to prepare the box for recycling....






       It was a blustery day, one that called for an artificial fire in the fireplace while the snow was hollowing outside....

    It was also a great day to bake out some corn bread muffins from the stone ground mill I obtained on Sunday...

 






    Friday arrived chilly, but sunny.  By the afternoon the weather was gorgeous and beckoning me out for a walk.  

Proof that it snowed on Thursday.... 








Snow, the way I like to see it,
high up on the mountains....
green grass under my feet....



_________________________________

      I know that today is (was) Tuesday and all this excitement happened 5 days ago.  I am just lazy at blogging.  Maybe don't think daily events are that adventuresome.  Actually I am just lazy with blogging.  Too much brain effort?  Maybe...Probably....
Perhaps I am getting more involved in life and can't fit in everything I want to do.  Yes, that is it.....I am getting more involved in life, am lazy and can't move very quickly anymore.   That is life....

     I did expand my horizon yesterday...Monday.  After a short shopping trip to the mall I went looking for the Van Mall Retirement center.  Time to retire?  I didn't find it because of road construction but I did pass a different one.  My goal was to seek out possible facilities to conduct church services and provide piano entertainment.  The activities coordinator said she had lots of folks playing piano entertainment and several people offering services but she would put me on the list for substitutes.  
     This was a major break through for me.  Not that she didn't have anything for me, but that I made a first attempt at getting out into Vancouver life to see how I can get involved.  Yeah!  
     Getting home from there was a bit tricky as the familiar road was blocked off by police cars so traffic had to turn onto a side street.  I followed the car in front of me figuring he was heading to the same main road as me.  When I turned onto a familiar street I was pleased and relieved I could find my way home.  Yeah, again!!   

     This has been a good 5 "can't rush into" days in the life of Grandma G.  

    "A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing."  (Proverbs 20:4)


No comments:

Post a Comment