Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Turkey-trottin' thru the week....Post Views....14,486


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


     Saturday was the day of our park's Thanksgiving dinner. Yum! My only regret is that I couldn't eat more.   I did have fun playing piano for a short time while folks were waiting for everyone to come.  I have decided there is not enough music dedicated just to Thanksgiving.  I think some fresh melodies are in order. 

Time to send out Thanksgiving cards to family.
       Monday I spent several hours at Freddy's, shopping for Thanksgiving and a few Christmas items.  They were preparing for their big Black Friday sale.  Half price socks are their big attraction.
That's a lot of socks......
      While there I posted some "544 Christmas Special" fliers from Grandma G's teaching studio.......5 lessons for the price of 4. 
(Last week I was disappointed because I had been pleased with myself that I finally made up fliers to take to the schools and then was informed that they don't send home ads for businesses.  It was difficult to work up the courage to go do this and then a bummer to be turned down.)


      
Tuesday was Midwest homemade chicken noodle soup cooking day......with PNW organic carrots and celery....yum.....
  

 Then on to an economical
(cheap) evening out with granddaughter Angie.....
half price appetizers and $3 movie.Guardians of the Galaxy
Very entertaining...


My first homemade pecan pie....hope it's yummy....

Christmas must be near......
this 3rd year Christmas cactus is only green most of the year.....
Now has lovely red blossoms.....

      This has been a good 5 "turkey trottin' " days in the life of Grandma G.  

       "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful works."  (Psalms 75:1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment