Saturday, November 8, 2014

Autumn Colors and All that Jazz....Post Views...14,224





     I might have that backwards.....
 A little jazz...
Pacific Northwest style....
My first Portland jazz concert Friday night...

Some friends invited me to go... Gave me a ride....
Very fun......lots of energy and concentration for the musicians....
Don't think I will ever qualify to play jazz.....








Then some autumn splendor on Saturday afternoon

We are inclined to rain out here during fall and winter.  When the sun shines it is time for walking and viewing the scenery.....


Mt. Hood.....





A fairy's spa with fresh rainwater......




A mushroom grove....






















     We pretty much had rain the past week.  We will have a few "dry" days before the rain and the Polar Vortex hits mid-week.  
Yes, we are subject to the PV, also.  The arctic air will blow in on Tuesday, giving us "cold" temperatures in the 30's.  Snow in the mountains and the Columbia River Gorge.  
     We will NOT be participating in the Midwest winter snowstorm...




The red is Park Falls, WI area and is looking at 16 to 20 inches of snow on Monday and Tuesday....  OUCH....
Wausau.....mid Wisconsin is looking to 5 to 10 inches....


   

 I am happy to report that I have recovered somewhat from the Wednesday "slump".  I had a "stay in my jammies" day on Thursday until 5PM when I got dressed to go visit some friends.  Friday it took until 1PM to "get it all together", but then I was out and about until 9:30 that evening.....music practice with a friend, mall therapy time and Portland jazz concert.   Yeah!  Life is upbeat once again.   
     Today.....my house is a mess, but the laundry is at least washed, grocery shopping done, piano practice accomplished, water aerobics and 40 minute walk in, my empty tooth socket healing and Sunday plans all in place....Yah!   

       This has been a good 3 "all that jazz" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.  He upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."  (Psalm 145: 13 & 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment