Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Misfit Day....Post Views...14,160

     Have you ever had a misfit day when you didn't want to interact with others?  When you felt blah and really didn't want to do anything?  When the day just didn't seem to fit. When you have commitment with others, but begrudge it? 
     I had one today.  I don't think I was feeling quite well, but couldn't pinpoint any one thing.  Nothing was "connecting".  
     Today was our "tea on the porch" gathering at a friend's house.  She called 2 hours before to remind me.  I really didn't want to go, but didn't want to hurt her feelings.  So, go I did.  And you know?....it was a blast.  Five of us ladies were there, sitting on her porch....3 of us were involved in the woodsy escapade a few weeks back. 
    This morning we looked through the local senior Messenger to decide on outings we would like to do.  We had fun as we calculated when and how much various activities would cost and who wanted to and could go at certain times.  We made out list of adventures for the next several weeks.  We all agreed it was much more fun to venture out as a group.  
     I felt revived....until I got home.  Then the slump set in again and I begrudged having agreed to be part of an instrumental/sing along group another lady wanted to start. Our first gathering was this evening.
      In the meantime I tried a new soup recipe that I had a hunch wouldn't be good....but I made it anyway.  And guess what?   It wasn't good.  In fact it was very disagreeable to me.    
       After piddling away time working at my new website, I figured I better run through the music.  They were all "oldies"...some I knew, some I didn't.  Anyway, I found my way to the club house.  And......had a great time, enjoying playing music with a group of musicians.  We are going to meet every other Wed.   
      So the day proved that a fun time can be had in spite of a day not quite fitting right.
      



      Lou had a good day.  He got his teeth.....
And he is living at Burt's house for the next month.




This has been a good "misfit" day in the life of Grandma G.

   "Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap."  (Ecclesiastes 11:4)









 

No comments:

Post a Comment