Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cedar Creek Grist Mill....Post Views....14,296



     AKA....It's not ALL my fault this time.....delayed posts.....
My internet connection was disrupted from early Tuesday afternoon until noon on Thursday.   The Pacific Northwest experienced strong wind and gusts Tuesday and Wednesday.  I don't know if that was the cause of the internet going off line.  I fussed away a lot of time on Tuesday trying to reconnect on my own.  I had lost connection a few weeks back and Chuck told me what to unplug, wait awhile and plug in again.  Unfortunately, I couldn't remember which cords and in what order....though I tried several combinations.  Finally on Wed. afternoon I called the internet carrier and the lady informed me that there was an outage locally and they were waiting for parts. 
      Sunday afternoon I enjoyed time with my friend, Kahana.  After burgers at "Five Guys" we drove about 20 miles to experience an old time grist mill. The past several days had been quite rainy, even into that afternoon.  The misty air, clouds and wet gave the surroundings a....well.....a Pacific Northwest look.   
          


Driving through a wooden covered bridge.....






          Marvelous pictures of typical
"temperate rain forest" moss..... 













And a rain forest inhabitant?




CEDAR CREEK GRIST MILL




















     





The grist mill was established in 1876 and is run by water-powered turbine.  Volunteers grind corn and wheat for 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday.  











Grandma G and Kahana.....
(my hair is NOT white, just how the picture came out)












Foggy air and mist made for a lovely drive home...


Brought home a 
bag of grist mill
ground corn mill...
Yum...










   ____________________________________________________________

       Sunday was a great "away from home" day.  I left for church at 9:30.  We do a music practice for 11 o'clock service.  It was close to 1PM when I was packed up and ready to leave so went directly to meet Kahana.  
     After our afternoon together I headed over to Deb's for dinner and a movie.....Maleficent.  It was an entertaining twist on an old time fairy tale or two.  
     So I arrived back home at 9:30 PM, content and ready for bed... 

     There have been other adventures between then and now, but I will save them for tomorrow. 

     This has been a good 5 "windy and no internet" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."  
(Genesis 8: 22)     

No comments:

Post a Comment