Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Bit Pokey, Yet Enthusiastic...Post Views..15,541

      Well, folks, it is Saturday afternoon almost 4 o'clock.  I just realized I have not been out of my house (except to take out some recycling) since Wed 6:30 PM.   Yikes....  Interesting way to start a new year. 
      So....is Grandma G turning into a recluse, sick, preoccupied?  Thankfully not sick and not a recluse, but I am preoccupied.  
Lou is coming out for a month's visit in 2 weeks.  I am doing early spring cleaning and reorganizing for his arrival. However, my energy level plummets after an hour of physical exertion and then it is time to sit (and eat) for another 30 minutes.  And the cycle starts again.  
     Speaking of eating, I tried a cake recipe someone here in the park gave me.  I baked it on Thursday when I had family over for New York roast dinner.  I have heard it advised not to try a new recipe when guests are coming.  At first I thought maybe I should have heeded this advice, but not now.  I am not really a cake eater, but this one is causing me to sit and eat cake every hour or so......
I used a red velvet cake mix, but regular chocolate would probably be very yummy too.  The frosting is thin when applied, but after a day or two it takes on a fudgy flavor... 
  











___________________________________________

   By now this is Tuesday evening.....between cleaning up for Lou to come, recovering from lots of dental work, getting ready to fly to San Diego tomorrow (did I forget to share with you that I am heading "south" soon...) and loafing around I have once again neglected to blog....not starting the new year very strongly.    


                 Enjoy a few pictures of recent events.....
A sunny walk on Christmas Day with a chance to photograph some of my favorite trees.....


A "monkey-tail" tree.....

 "green snow" in the park next to Deb' house....



       a gorgeous red wood.....











   A pot of pea soup after Christmas ham dinner.....
(and cooked apples and fresh green beans...)






A larger pot of beef vegetable barley soup after New Year's New York roast dinner......

Come on.....someone is very jealous now......
we both know who you are.....
You have to come visit me to get some..... 





Ted pulled in by his twin SUV....
which one do I take?    
                                      
                       On a very windy day......






 Mr. Sweet potato man's hair is growing, growing,  growing....





         Bentley having a swingfest....







WHY Grandma G moved from Wisconsin to the Pacific Northwest.......











This has been a good 5 "pokey start of the year" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him."  (Proverbs 12:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment