Friday, January 16, 2015

Mid Winter Break of sorts....Post Views....15,784


      Today was a lovely, sunny 50 degree day in Vancouver, WA.  I feel much better than yesterday, but still not 100%.  A great day for a mid winter break of watching 8 hours of Star Trek.....oh, yah......4 old one hour episodes and the first newer Star Trek movie.

     I did get outside to get my mail from the past 8 days.  (I was missing the sunny San Diego weather since the past 2 days were rainy here.) Today restored my love for this area.    










Green grass and "spring" plants in the middle of January.  


Inside my house, Mr. Sweet Potato head
has been busy growing.  He even has a tiny sprout near the side of his nose.  

I am still busy drinking lots of tea and consuming garlic and purposely taking deep breaths to cough up unwanted matter......hope tomorrow will bring more return to health.   
(Burt, Al and Lou)
Back in Wisconsin Burt and Lou are packing and getting ready for their big trip out here to VC.  They are flying through Detroit and are on a possible "bump" list since the flight is oversold to Packer fans coming out to Seattle for Sunday's big game.  They are hoping to be granted some extra flying dollars. We'll find out in the morning.  

So, in many ways I am just relaxing today...taking a break....resting from my San Diego trip, recovering from flu and anticipating Lou's arrival tomorrow evening.   

   This has been a good mid winter break day in the life of Grandma G.

   "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation ; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." 
(Psalms 62: 1 & 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment