Friday, March 27, 2015

Albertina Kerr Outing.....Post Views....17,144


       After a long sit in the dentist's chair on Tuesday and a rainy "out of sync" Wednesday, Thursday was a welcome outing into Portland with the Red Hat ladies.  We had lunch at Albertina's Place.  This was a new adventure for me.  Albertina's has a long history.    












 Delicious lunch of fresh salad

Spinach, Parmesan quiche in tender, flaky crust.....YUM....    

 Visit to their thrift store
(after viewing their high end
china store)

I found two fun necklaces....



     I very well remember the many, many Kerr canning jars I used over the years of my kids growing up....lots of canning.....peaches were my favorite.
    Albertina's is also significant for me since it is sometimes referred to as an orphanage.  I spent a short time in an orphanage in Indiana when I was 5 or 6.  There was a picture on the wall of a small, raised bathtub and a child sitting in it.  One of my few memories was of me sitting in a tub like that while my older sister bathed me.  I had always thought it was a clothes washing tub.  It was probably one like in the picture.  I did not get a picture of the picture.   I will need to return and get that picture of the picture....

   This has been a good 2 Albertina Kerr Outing days in the life of Grandma G.

 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."   (James 1:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment