Friday, October 23, 2015

A Plethora of Local adventures.....Post Views....20,682




 Since returning home from Wisconsin on Sat. Oct. 10, local adventures seemed to proceed nonstop. 

On Sunday my pastor graciously modeled the cheesehead he requested I get him from Wisconsin.....
Go Packers....



 That afternoon my friend, Jo, called to ask if I was still going to the dinner Monday evening. Could I give a couple ladies a ride?  Oops, short term memory flareup. I forgot that she had invited me to a free dinner to listen to a chiropractor discuss healthy living.  There seems to be a certain appeal about the word "free".   Giving a ride to others is new to me but I have been in the area before so I agreed.

Backbone and bread.....


pasta in creamed garlic sauce....

                                            
                                           
                      Jo, 99 year old Hazel, we 3 in the back..
Of course, any "free" meal is going to have a gimmick. This doctor was offering an evaluation including Xrays for $20 if one signs up that evening.  I am a sap for bargains so I signed up for an appointment on Wed.  


    Hazel is a poet and has composed several poems from her many years of Pacific Northwest living.  In this picture she is reciting one describing hiking down Mt. Rainier.  Jo is working to compile her poems into a collection.  I am eager to get a copy. 

   So....once back home I start to reassess my thoughts of an evaluation....the drive there isn't real long, but not near either. I am already established with a chiropractor here in my neighborhood.  
Why complicate life more than it is.   But I already paid out $20.  
But there are other possible activities on Wed.  OH, MY ....what to do, what to do.....how about canceling?  OK....that I did.  Sounds like there is potential credit towards something.  Even if not, $20 is what I would pay for a good dinner and evening out with friends, not to mention meeting poet Hazel.  

Simple is good.
Why is it so complicated
to get simple?

   Tuesday morning it was back to water aerobics...then to Freddy's for groceries.
   About 4:45 I headed out to a new location to meet church members for a trip to downtown Vancouver.   We were going to meet another group who, once a month, delivers food, clothing and misc. to the homeless population in this area.  

  It was packing up supplies and pooling rides to downtown.  A lady friend drove my vehicle (I don't drive the Interstate yet.)
This is a new experience for me.  There are not many homeless folks in northern Wisconsin.  This was also the first time our church has participated in this outreach. 
I was overwhelmed by the number of people and how quickly everything was claimed by them.   I didn't take a close up picture out of respect for them. Tents lined the street and people seemed to come from all over.  Our church has in mind to continue with this outreach once a month. 

Wednesday  was the afternoon to go watch grandson Jake play football...the sun was warm and it is the PNW, so I wore shorts, but did take along a sweatshirt and jacket.  

 Angie and I gave Bentley a back seat ride so he could hang his head out the window.....until we went faster than 30 mph.







Dad, Keys


Jake's fans 
Bentley, Angie, Micki, Grandma Carole, Gram G

The afternoon warmth gave way to very chilly winds and I covered my legs with the sweatshirt and wore the jacket.  What happened to the mild PNW autumn?





As we watched the game we would hear from a group of fans (other team) yell, "Watch out for # 11!"  #11 is who WE were there to watch....grandson Jake.....made a touchdown.....
After the game I heard a voice behind me say, "Hello Geo".  It was my friend, Kahana.  She was sitting a few levels above us.   I asked why she didn't let me know she was there.  Her reply, "My friends were making rude remarks about your team and #11."  



Autumn in Wisconsin....
      geese leave...


Autumn in Washington....
    geese return.....





And the plethora of local adventures continues.....
Soon....the rest of the story.....


This has been a good 4 "plethora" days in the life of Grandma G.

"He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward him for what he has done."  (Proverbs 19:17)


No comments:

Post a Comment