Friday, May 13, 2016

A Little of This and That....Post Views....24,373




        It has been a "this and that" week.  Turns out that starting last
Thursday early AM I succumbed to a virus or PNW allergies. Only one day did I feel horrible.  All these others have just been annoying.  Seems there is something all over the Couve.  
        I have heard people suspicious of "chem trails".....abundant vapor trails from aircraft. There is a thinking that "they" are
spraying us with chemicals to keep us sedated or controlled.  (Outer space music please.)   I am beginning to believe in them, but that they are spraying us with "bugs" out here.  Seems when there is sickness "everyone" has it.  ALERT:  I am only kidding. 
      Our real problem is that we are so blessed with perfect environment for gorgeous greenery that pollen saturates the air.  



 Sat. evening I was privileged to attend a "hymn sing" at a nearby Portland neighborhood church.  

It was well attended and I was inspired by the full volume of singing by all.



 On the way home we were
treated to beautiful scenes 
of sunset. 



 And a rosy glow on
 Mt. Hood....













         

      


MOTHER'S DAY.....
       Debbie, Carole and I were all not feeling well, so we cancelled a cookout and stayed home.  Still it was a pleasant day for me since 6 of my 7 children called or texted.  The 7th caught up with me on Wed. 
     Several hours of this week have been occupied with reserving airline tickets and then cancelling and rerouting; making plans and then remaking; figuring timelines and re-figuring them.  This year is just rushing by and not giving Gram G a chance to stay caught up. 

     Tuesday I had a new problem, but a great one.   I had a choice of 4 activities to occupy a chunk of my day.  I wanted to do them all, and under younger, less committed circumstances I may have been able to do 3 of the four.   I chose to spend the day catching up on "running errand" type activity since I will soon be gone for a long stretch of time.  The point here, though, is that I am getting my roots dug into various activities and developing friendships.  Yeah!
     One errand that probably won't happen again is going to a "We Buy Gold" shop and cashing in 2 gold crowns from pulled teeth  the past year. (Sorry, forgot to get a picture.) Walked out of the shop with $62 more in my pocket. Don't know if I got a fair deal, but there is only so long one can house 2 gold crowns in her drawers...dresser drawers....especially if there is a chunk of decayed tooth still in-bedded in one.  'Twas a bit embarrassing at the gold shop, but no worries, the clerk said, they see it every day. 

      Wednesday was "ladies' luncheon" day.  We went to Black Bear Diner.  It is a chain of diners here on the west coast.   Back in Wisconsin "Black Bear" everything abounds.  
When a particular Indianapolis sister comes to visit later in the summer, this is a MUST dining experience.  YOU know who you is!!






      This is Friday late morning.  This Gram G is TIRED.  She spent yesterday cleaning her house.  YEP!  Well, vacuuming 6 rooms, capturing dust bunnies under beds, putting the last of the Christmas misc. away, dusting, resetting knick-knacks, making a bowl of potato salad to use up eggs and taters, listing last minute chores to take care of before her soon coming MIDWEST TOUR SEASON!!  Not for music, but to visit family in various locations and take grandson Ryan on his 12 year old Grandma G trip!  
     It is getting more difficult to multi-task and to maintain momentum.  So today it is "put one foot in front of the other", one thought at a time, do the most important task first, and see what is done by the end of the day.
    We have already experienced several high 80's days here in the Portland area.  Today is going to be another one.  I am blessed with A/C, but most homes are not.  In the past there wasn't much need.  Recently summers are quite hot.  Tomorrow, though, it is back to the 60's and showers for a few days. 


FOR FUN..

Multnomah Falls....1918.
(No, I did not take the picture)


Multnomah Falls...
April, 2016.
(Yes, I took the picture



  

  Son, Gerry, is participating in a Spartan race tomorrow in San Francisco.  Here is a post from Jan. 29, 2016. (See post for more details.)  Please consider checking out fund raiser project from link below. 

(This is my son, Gerry Schmidt's, post concerning his daughter, my granddaughter, Gemma.....) 

(Wed. January 27, 2016)
 

How great is THIS? Gemma is NINE years old TODAY! Here I am with her in 2007 and today. Happy Birthday, Gemma!

Check out the story, the goal and how you can help:
http://give.rchsd.org/goto/MachuPicchuNICU2016



This has been a good 7 "this and that"  days in the life of Grandma G.

"Peace I [Jesus] leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment