Thursday, May 19, 2016

It's Up in the air .......Post Views....24,464

 Well, SHE'S in the air AGAIN.....

       Monday it was time to fly again.  "Back East" they say in the PNW.  I say "Midwest", but then Everyplace is "back east" when the Pacific Ocean is directly west. 
      Time for my Midwest family tour.  But not before taking care of essentials at home. 

Scrubbing out the inside of my travel bag after a Noxzema mishap from the last flight.

Replacing thermostat batteries so house is not too cold or too hot....

making sure my babies are looked after.

AND....


   After buying an earth/people friendly bottle of 
Buzz Away Extreme
for when I venture into the dense forest of northern Wisconsin....or trying to sit out in the yard in town.


      I'm gone longer than usual this time.  Didn't really want it that way, but circumstances dictated.  I was quite challenged to make all the prep, pack conservatively, see that house sitters were available, have the post office hold my mail for just the right amount of time so they didn't get impatient and have it all "return to sender".  
     When I am stretched like this I always feel it is a practice run for more to come.....Hum.....

Saying farewell for now to Vancouver/Portland and the Columbia River on 3 hour flight into Minneapolis.



What does one do for 3 hours?

Can't hook up to my son's WIFI.

How About a viewing of 
THE THREE AMIGOS

(until the computer battery hibernates)
Great, funny movie

                 not THAT amigo.....





With an hour layover and literally a mile or more between arrival and departure, I think a ride on a senior cart is appropriate, even if it is backwards on the last seat....he buckled me in



Most times I'll "hoof it", but I figure age does have some privileges.....
Actually was pretty nice..
Might be the end of hoofing it. 


First of many engagements..... 

 ATfGG at Burt and Jen's house..
(Annual Training for Gram G)
       For many years as various moms would go off to National Guard annual training, Gram G would also be called up for grand kid duty.  It still happens about once a year when Burt and Jen are both gone for work or award trips.  
My charges for the week..
Logan and Tyler/Devin pretty much fends for himself
   

  
Tyler reached a milestone
He's TALLER than Gram G
Every grandkid's goal..

Then they get TALLER (Josh).....
AND.....

TALLER (Devin)

Josh,new chemistry grad, with mom and dad..
                                     He's working with Navigators for a year, then 4 years med school compliments of the air force with the promise of hanging with them for another 4 years.....              
           
 4 of 5 Schmidt boys......where's the 5th, you ask?


 
He's climbing a rock somewhere up in Alaska......
Who needs Bear Grilles when you have 
Cory "Mit"?

Hiked and skied in to a climb called Toto. A great 6 pitch Trad climb. It was a good day! (Cory's post)

         So Monday I arrive at Burt's house about 9:30pm.  Greet the boys and 15 minutes later Burt and Josh are on their way for a 3 plus hour drive to Minneapolis.   
________________________
       Tuesday morning I awake to the pleasant chimes of my phone alarm.  Where am I?  What time is it?  Did I sleep at all overnight?
Appears it is 6:30AM....time to get the boys up for school.
 Do they know that it is 4:30AM on my body clock?  Do the realize what a hero I am?

Do they see my arms, legs and torso are shorter than Devin's?

It's off to school and back.  Off to evening play practice...
Joseph and the Technicolored 
Dream Coat.
With cousin Aela

Off to devour Briq's 
humongous soft serve ice cream cones 





Time on Tuesday for a walk around the neighborhood....
The land of large, trendy homes and spacious yards....and large, 
barking dogs.... 

   





A favorite scene


       After a good night's sleep on Wed., Thurs was full with another walk, a healthy spinach salad lunch with a dear lady friend, a bit of grocery shopping, picking up the boys from school and attending an evening children's fashion showing by Rachel, Devin's lady.  
(But not before avoiding a near side-on collision.  I was midway through an intersection when a young distracted driver ran a red light.  I pushed the gas pedal and she slowed enough to pass behind the rear of my car.  Praise God for protection!) 


 Rachel's senior project....
She designed and sewed a showing of children's clothing and described what inspired each piece.



made the refreshments
and the flowered wall




"The Sandy"
Inspired by a 
clay pot.
I can see this on my young grand daughters 

                                Devin and Rachel....





This has been a good 6 "up in the air' days in the life of Grandma G.

"For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.  Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.  (Psalm 57:10 & 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment