Friday, February 10, 2017

I Wanna Go Back....Post Views...29,176




Saturday morning, Feb 4,  it was time for me to return to rainy Vancouver after a great, sunny week in San Diego.  
Bill, Amanda and Berklee live down there to the right of the pier.  Ocean Beach, Baby!!



Approaching chilly, rainy, Columbia River and Portland....

  Unfortunately on Friday morning I woke up with a sinus virus.  However, that did not keep me from the final adventure of the week.  


      But today is Sunday, a very rainy Sunday; a good day to stay in, rest between sneezing fits, do a little laundry, check in on the Super Bowl, and try some new techy stuff.  
 "Streaming" Victoria from OPB on my computer.  New to me.  I wanted to see last week's episode which I thought was recording on my TV.  A new one is on this evening.
After all, Gram G isn't beyond a little romance...especially a historically successful one....


Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of England


____________________________



Now back to my last sunny San Diego adventure...

What does one do when she wakes up with a drippy nose?   Well, how about a brisk, windy, rocky, wavy boat tour to whale watch?


    Having asked Gerry on Thursday evening if there was an excursion he would like to do with his mom on Friday, he got out his trusty cell phone and started searching away.  






 







"Sea Ahoy, Maties!"


 Point Loma....the most south/westerly point of the United States...

 





Point Loma lighthouse...


the sailing ship one would take in the summer to view blue whales..bucket list..



Gram G pics on the left

Gerry 
pics on the right 
 








"Thar she blows" and
"footprint"

We actually saw only 2 whales which we followed...they surfaced several times...one went under the boat but I got only a glimpse of it.


SHIP in the MIST


 
whale watch
sister 
boat.... 






San Diego Sky Line

 Coronado Bridge

Gerry liked the cool Navy stuff...



















aircraft carrier Nimitz sailing into port  



.   



 Youngest and Oldest sons, 
Bill, Gram G, Gerry...
San  Diego Men....wish they didn't make me look so short....

Time to say goodbye to my San Diego family.....
I wanna go back.....

     I first heard of San Diego 60 years ago when my Aunt Emma would talk of her one trip to San Diego to visit her sister Betty who was a Navy nurse.  How fantastic and fairy tale those memories sounded to me at 11 years old and living in the north woods of Wisconsin.  One might as well been talking of flying to the moon. (Mars these days.)  Little did I imagine that this many years later I would casually pack up to fly 2 and 1/2 hours back and forth between Vancouver, WA and San Diego  2 or 3 times a year!  

This has been a good 4 "I wanna go back" days in the life of Grandma G.

"He [Jesus] will proclaim peace to the nations.  His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth." (Zechariah 9: 10) 

No comments:

Post a Comment